Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Yola
Yola is female  Yola has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 09:01 PM

Re: So what have you been up to?

D'ya know, I couldn't imagine being retired! Much as I like a bit of leisure time I think I would go spare with no going to work. Still, with my own business and 2 small sons it's just as well as retirement isn't really on the cards in the near or distant future! I have a 'corporate' friend who is a week older than me and she's already making her retirement plans at 44
merz
Chatterbox
Lancashire, UK
merz is female  merz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 09:33 PM

Originally Posted by dandysmom ->
[/B]
Oh I do so agree! I took early retirement at 62 1/2 and it is wonderful!
Beat you to it Dandysmom-I was 50-people said I would be bored etc. but I believe you are only bored if you allow yourself to be Jumped at the opportunity of early retirement because I knew it would not come my way again.
angieh
Hampshire, UK
angieh is female  angieh has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:30 PM

No retirement here yet! I am self employed and run a small transcription business from home. My work comes encrypted via the internet and goes back in a similar way. I work for some independent social workers typing up mainly court reports.

My OH took early retirement and now we both care for his MIL who is 88 and has dementia. We don't get any time off really and atm can't even manage to go out together, apart from quick trips to the local shops. MIL has good and bad days. Bad days can be very trying and we all get stressed. My little cat Kizzy is my comfort blanket and never tires of cheering me up!

So, in answer to Azz's question - a lot of nothing much really.
dandysmom
Fondly Remembered
Washington, DC USA
dandysmom is female  dandysmom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2009, 10:57 PM

Originally Posted by merz ->
Beat you to it Dandysmom-I was 50-people said I would be bored etc. but I believe you are only bored if you allow yourself to be Jumped at the opportunity of early retirement because I knew it would not come my way again.
Exactly! Anyone who loves reading, gardening, cats and has a few good friends has no excuse to be bored, IMO!

You couldn't pay me to go back to the rat race again,

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top