Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2014, 09:57 PM

Re: Introducing our Supporting Members scheme

Originally Posted by Eliza ->
So reading back over what you put Azz is those that don't pay subs will be getting more Adverts,,you did say you are going to add more adverts.
Probably not for a while, but yes, we will have as many ad placements as Dogsey & Catsey at some point.

Unfortunately this is unavoidable, without the ads we would not be able to pay our hosting costs.
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK
Azz is male  Azz has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 12:32 AM

Hi Guys, apologies for the delay in putting up the Supporting Members section - but I think there are enough supporting members now to warrant it You can find it in the General Chat Sections (under the section for Members with 25 posts).

I have also reduced the sub prices, as I think they may have been too high before. But there's still no pressure to get one! (I have updated the first post with the new price points)
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:25 PM

Have I got this right Azz? When a member pays a voluntary subscription their name appears in the Supporters Section?

Won't that create a two tier forum of those that pay and those that don't? If I decide to give a donation I would rather mine be not known to other members.
wishbone
south wales
wishbone is male  wishbone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 08:29 PM

I feel the same Uff I would want it to be between Azz and myself.
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2015, 09:11 PM

I'm a little curious ...

What happens in the Supporter's Section?
When supporters post things in there that the non-paying members will miss out on seeing might it not risk diluting the interesting and varied content the site now has?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

09-07-2015, 11:11 PM

Originally Posted by Uff ->
Have I got this right Azz? When a member pays a voluntary subscription their name appears in the Supporters Section?

Won't that create a two tier forum of those that pay and those that don't? If I decide to give a donation I would rather mine be not known to other members.
No, your name doesn't appear anywhere Uff.

Supporting members just get the section as an extra option in case they want to post something that they feel is too private to post in any of the other sections.

We have similar on the other forums I admin, and tbh, the supporting sections are very rarely used.

Originally Posted by wishbone ->
I feel the same Uff I would want it to be between Azz and myself.
We try to keep it as subtle as we can; you get a small 'present' icon that shows in the right hand side of your posts, and a note in your profile.

On Dogsey and Catsey we had great big colourful titles under the username, but I think (and it seems you do too) that subtle is better for here

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm a little curious ...

What happens in the Supporter's Section?
When supporters post things in there that the non-paying members will miss out on seeing might it not risk diluting the interesting and varied content the site now has?
See my reply to Uff
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 08:44 AM

Was going to ask a question - find it has already been answered
Uff
Scotland
Uff is female  Uff has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2015, 11:49 AM

I see thank you for your reply Azz. I would still rather not have the small present icon or a note in my profile if I donated would that be a choice for the member?
Azz
Admin
South Wales, UK

10-07-2015, 12:06 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Was going to ask a question - find it has already been answered
Glad you found the answer ST (I updated one of my other posts too as I just saw that it had old info in there).

Originally Posted by Uff ->
I see thank you for your reply Azz. I would still rather not have the small present icon or a note in my profile if I donated would that be a choice for the member?
Edit: this is now possible. Once a sub has been taken out you can go to your edit options page and right at the bottom select 'no' to display sub status
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-07-2015, 02:22 PM

Oo er, Azz. Are the supporting members now at risk of forming a clique?

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top