Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
Nom
Chatterbox
Northumberland
Nom is male  Nom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 03:44 AM

Cant sleep wont sleep.

Tis nearly 3 AM, and im sat on here because what passes for a brain wont go to sleep. Useless things brains,, wheres all my sleep chemicals you pointless pile of mush.

Meanwhile all you selfish members are fast asleep in the land of nod, not one of you giving me a thought, hope your cereal is soggy and your toast burns at brekkie.

Mind you could start a Happy Monday topic as Alan is zzzzzzing away. or perhaps topics on kitchens, paint, etc beat the trolls.

Mag Thatch used to get by on 4 hours kip, positively bone idle in my book, id settle for an hour at the moment. So what to do with my wakefulness.

Invade America,
Invent Cold Fusion,
Rite a Beuk,
Phone ET,
Hit noggin repeatedly with a hammer.

What do folks do when they cant sleep ?

Thats passed a few minutes, and of course you lot will wake up tomorrow, and spend your valuable time reading this drivel. :
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 05:56 AM

Re: Cant sleep wont sleep.

One & a half hours later and Alan is up and raring to go !
Azure
Chatterbox
South Glos
Azure is female  Azure has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 07:17 AM

You can do the following.

Listen to the Radio
Watch TV or DVD
Read
Learn something new from YouTube
Best have kettle in Bedroom to make hot drinks
That is presuming you are alone .
If not, you may need Head Phones to avoid any disturbance
And you may have to sleep during the day as well
Robertav
Edmonton, canada
Robertav is female  Robertav has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 07:36 AM

I read or put on headphones and listen to quiet piano music

Hope you got some sleep...
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 07:49 AM

I get up, make a cup of coffee, watch the News and maybe write a forum post.

Going back to bed after all that, even though not sleepy, will often lead to another hour's sleep. Those actions are usually enough to have dispelled any thoughts that were keeping me awake.

In fact, I'm going back to bed in a minute. Hoping to sleep a little more.
Linden Tree
Derbyshire, UK
Linden Tree is female  Linden Tree has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 08:52 AM

Nom, I sympathise, it's rotten not being able to sleep.

Is there something bothering you that's keeping you awake, or have you been having the problem for a while? If it's a problem keeping you awake, 3am is not the time to come to any rational decisions! If you have tried all the normal remedies, reading, milky drink, soothing music etc then try a Nytol, usually pretty good.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 09:42 AM

What do folks do when they cant sleep ?
It is horrible not being able to sleep. Luckily sleeplessness does not happen to often for me these days, I tend to get spells of it when my brain won't stop working.

One thing I don't do is to lay there and stress about it. First I try listening to the world service and if I can't doze off, get up and do the ironing/start off a batch of bread/while listening to the BBC world service.

I try again to sleep after an hour if I can't I get up and do something else.

A comfy bed is a must for getting to sleep, cotton sheets crisp and white none of that poly cotton rubbish not too hot or too cold .
JainieB
Hampshire UK
JainieB is female  JainieB has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 09:50 AM

I wake about every two hours, but rarely find it difficult to drop off again, but when I do like the night before last, I read my book for at least an hour, then try to sleep again, which I generally manage.
I tried once getting up and doing something else, but regretted it, so won't do that again.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:11 AM

Poor you. I'm going to have to take you to Yoga with me, learn some relaxation exercises and breathing techniques. Bet that'll do the trick.

If you're on the computer, you mind is being stimulated, not quietened.
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-11-2015, 11:37 AM

I count backwards from 200 it works most of the time, but sometimes when I'm thinking too much about several things at the same time I can't hear myself count!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top