Join for free
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
PhilipM
Wales, UK
PhilipM is male  PhilipM has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 03:20 PM

Re: Cant sleep wont sleep.

No it is something you won't have heard of - " Somatotropin ".
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 04:13 PM

Originally Posted by PhilipM ->
No it is something you won't have heard of - " Somatotropin ".
You are right I haven't heard of it, so I will stick to my normal insulin
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 09:13 PM

I had a bad night last night,Id been out with a friend,did a lot of walking,which gave me a lot of pain,stopping me from sleeping About Midnight I must have dozed off for I woke up to hear my dog barking downstairs, I got quickly out of bed to go to him,then I remembered he'd had to be put to sleep a few weeks ago .I dont know what triggered this off,I hadnt been thinking of the dog, I was trying to find relief from pain and get some sleep
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by deylon ->
I had a bad night last night,Id been out with a friend,did a lot of walking,which gave me a lot of pain,stopping me from sleeping About Midnight I must have dozed off for I woke up to hear my dog barking downstairs, I got quickly out of bed to go to him,then I remembered he'd had to be put to sleep a few weeks ago .I dont know what triggered this off,I hadnt been thinking of the dog, I was trying to find relief from pain and get some sleep

Sounds like he popped back to see you deylon.
An elderley couple I know had theirs pop back for months afterwards, they both heard her.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2015, 09:54 PM

I've been reading about 'blue light' recently. It occurs with televisions, computer monitors and electric lighting. The blue light emitted by these items is thought to cause sleeplessness and other health problems. This may be just another of those theories but have a read of the article linked to below. It is quite long but perhaps read it all to form an opinion:

http://www.health.harvard.edu/stayin...as-a-dark-side

I didn't know about this until I started looking for a new computer monitor and kept reading about this 'blue light' thing. I eventually bought a monitor that has low blue light settings. I have to say it is easier on the eyes if nothing else.

I can't say it has made me sleep better, perhaps because I watch TV in the evening and there are a number of electric lights on. Maybe if there was less blue light floating around, it might make a difference.

Not saying one way or the other but just highlighting the information. Search for: blue light health sleep for more articles.
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England
deylon is female  deylon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 08:20 PM

I hope my dog does pop back to see us Mups, its nice to feel he's still around.Had another bad night last night, hot and shivery, feeling sick like the flu, I wonder if it was reaction to shingles vaccination I had yesterday I thought of calling 111 but was afraid in case they took me to Hospital.I rang the Drs this morning to get an appointment, but told none free,if feeling ill got to a walk in centre,so didnt bother,hoping I can get some rest tonight
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 10:23 PM

Deylon, if you are feeling hot and shivery then you may have a temperature so, providing you can take them , paracetamol will help. Try to drink plenty of fluids too.
If you don't improve tell you docs that it may be a reaction to your Shingles injection ( which i assume they gave you) and you feel that seeing a doctor is urgent so perhaps they could come out and see you if you can't get an appointment.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2015, 11:04 PM

They say the older you get the less sleep you need, well thats not the case with me, I still need 8 hours and I get it most nights.
A problem relating to work and trying to figure out the best way to do a job is good for helping me sleep, the audio books listened through cordless headphones are great for helping me too, there are plenty of them on youtube if you haven’t bought any, the headphones serve a duel purpose for me, they keep the noise down for my neighbour who’s bedroom is behind the next wall to mine, and I can’t hear the wife snoring beside me.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-11-2015, 02:09 AM

I usually sleep a good 8 hours every night except if I'm in pain like the past few days with an infected root left after a tooth extraction,still in a bit of pain but it's been removed and stitched and I've been dozing on and off all evening..so don't expect to sleep well tonight.:~(....Hope those having trouble can get a good nights sleep tonight,x
deylon
Fondly Remembered
Harrow,England

05-11-2015, 09:09 PM

Thanks Twinks, I am sure that I have had a reaction to the Shingles injection,as I have the same experience that I got [ twice] I had after taking a certain anti biotic,which I must not take any more.I did try to get an appointment to see a Dr but was told there were no appointments available,if I needed to see a Dr I would have to go to a walk in centre,as there is not one near ,or easy to get to I couldnt face going,so Im sticking it out.I do have an app. to see Dr on 10th ,so hope he can help

Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top