Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
myrtle
Chatterbox
Macclesfield, uk
myrtle is female  myrtle has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 05:19 PM

Re: One week on

Wishing you happinessin your new home Ania
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:51 AM

Originally Posted by mesco m ->
Glad it's all going well for you Ania. It's certainly a trial.
We downsized in May. The stuff you accumulate over the years is unbelievable

We are just about sorted now. Best thing we ever did, much smaller and more cosy than our last house and less work in the garden too.
I hope you settle as well as we have.
Thanks. That's encouraging. The cosiness and less work in the garden are also big reasons why I am moving.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world
orangutan is female  orangutan has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-11-2015, 10:53 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'm glad everything seems to be going well so far Ania, I hope you and Bennie will be happy there.
Thanks, Jem. Bennie will have some adapting to do, as he won't have his morning wander down to the beach any more. But he's so cute he has sussed the daily moving routine and when I start packing the car he leaps in and won't budge as he knows I am going out. It feels a bit like moving with a toddler in tow!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

08-11-2015, 10:55 AM

Originally Posted by JainieB ->
I'm glad everything is going well for you Orangutan.
I moved nearly 6 years ago, a week before Christmas. I wasn't sure until the day before I moved that it would be able to go ahead, because of trouble getting the old house on to the Land Registry, but contracts were exchanged the day before, and I was able to go ahead. I'd been packed up and ready to go for weeks, and was constantly unpacking and re-packing things.
Thanks. I had the opposite, sort of, as the removal man who said he was coming on Tuesday to take some of the furniture over turned up on Monday!
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

08-11-2015, 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Well done Ania - best wishes to you
Thanks Patsy.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

08-11-2015, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Well at least it all finally moving (no pun intended).
Well done you. x
No pun intended, indeed…

Well it's day 9 now and wet and windy outside so I've decided to not take a carload over today but try to sort out some of the chaos here. There are things strewn everywhere so that I can see what is left to sort/transport. Actually I now realise there is not that much left, but it's amazing how chaotic even a small amount of stuff can make the place.

Yesterday I was sorting out my curtains in the new house, and am really pleased that I have enough old ones that I like to do all the windows. Some will need shortening, and I'll have to lower two curtain rails to accommodate some that are a tiny bit too short, but at least i don't have to look for new curtains.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

08-11-2015, 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by Mags ->
I'm glad everything seems to be going well, Ania - I think you've done extremely well with all the moving of everything to your new house.

I'm sure Bennie will settle once you have finally moved...
Thanks Mags. I'm quite pleased with how it has gone thus far, and I'm sure Bennie will be fine too.
orangutan
Chatterbox
Another world

08-11-2015, 11:04 AM

Originally Posted by stevmk2 ->
If all goes well we may be not that far behind - viewing today, 2-bed house just where we would like to be.

Only problem is vendor has insisted the price as £239,995!!!

No way is that worth that much with average prices there between £193,000, (May!) and £189,000, (September!).

Our house - a 3-bed with mature garden, was on for £215,000 and we got offered £213,000 which we accepted.

We are half a mile from this 2-bed and it's also ex-council like ours so we are checking it out and if we think it is worth it we are offering £210,000 tops.

Not best pleased looking at this one - my wife's fallen for this one.

More later. stevmk2
Good luck, stevmk2!

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top