Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 08:37 PM

Frustrated even in death.

Hi

This lady must have really disliked her relatives.

http://www.hngn.com/articles/147807/...pite-heirs.htm

If she really wanted I suppose she just have given it to charity.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 08:41 PM

Re: Frustrated even in death.

She must have been very bitter
It appears the bank is going to replace the money so she didn't get her last wish after all ...
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 09:39 PM

It sounds a little odd to me ...

I take it we're not talking about a few notes stuck together with sellotape here?
It's all been shredded.
And .. unless they can prove she was a total raving lunatic it was the old ladies wish to shred her own money .. rather than leave it to her heirs.

I intend to make a will leaving my brother and sister a pound coin each ... so they can't claim I left them out of my will.
And the rest shall be going to a charity.
you've guessed I don't like them.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 09:51 PM

I think people should be able to leave their own money to whoever they choose to ,without exception..this would happen in an ideal world ,but its not ideal is it?
Where theres money theres greed, always will be.
BDR44
Gwynedd North Wales
BDR44 is male  BDR44 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 10:46 PM

When my Dad died he left me only one thing...an unpaid electric bill. Bless him I loved that man.
Jem
Chatterbox
Dublin
Jem is male  Jem has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 11:20 PM

You would think that if she hated her relatives that much so would have made provision to let a charity have it, charities are forever hounding old folks to leave their money to them, how did they miss out on her?
I'd love to know what her relatives did to make her so bitter.
tootsweet
Chatterbox
Sydney, Australia
tootsweet is female  tootsweet has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-11-2015, 11:48 PM

This reminds me of the bitter old woman in the UK whose daughter ran away and got married when she was a teen. She never forgave her and was worried about her inheriting her money, so she tied her will up so tight and took every precaution yet the court still over ruled it and she got it anyway.
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 04:36 AM

Originally Posted by Jem ->
I'd love to know what her relatives did to make her so bitter.
Morticia too ?
Pumicestone
Australia
Pumicestone is male  Pumicestone has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 04:40 AM

My inclination at the moment is to leave at least half of my estate for the benefit of British Muslims who seem to need all the help they can get to offset the fear, hate, intolerance, xenophobia and discrimination heaped upon them.

Whilst there are occasional flare-ups, their counterparts in Aus face nowhere near the degree of hysteria.
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-11-2015, 07:22 AM

Must remember to burn my millions.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top