Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 11:25 AM

Re: Bucket List

Perhaps pride before a fall Lion Queen?

No bucket list here either LQ, just try and squeeze the best bits out of everyday.....
big ben
United Kingdom
big ben is male  big ben has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:03 PM

All I would like to see before the Big Reaper calls me is the Rainbow Mountains in Peru But I think it will be just a dream.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:08 PM

Originally Posted by big ben ->
All I would like to see before the Big Reaper calls me is the Rainbow Mountains in Peru But I think it will be just a dream.
Awww I wish I had the money to give you to fulfil your dream. Peru is somewhere I would like to go too.
Dodge
Kent, UK
Dodge is male  Dodge has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:30 PM

There is always things in life that one wants to do but i just view them as something that is part of life, things that if they happen they happen but if they do not i won't be upset about BUT there a just a few things that I really really want/wanted to do before I meet my maker which therefore could be considered a bucket list which is:

1) Visit America ....Done
2) Get to see up close and personal a couple of cars I really really like from James Bond movies .... Done (Bond in Motion exhibition in London)
3) Meet one of the main actors from my favourite war time drama 'Sharpe'....Done, met Jason Salkey who played rifleman Harris.
4) Own or get to ride in a actual Lamborghini Countach

Number 4 is still outstanding.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 01:35 PM

I would love to visit any continent other than Europe

Africa would be my first choice I think...
The safari thing has always appealed to me
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 04:25 PM

What a really nice post, LQ. Refining your skating skills sounds like big fun.

I've never considered making a bucket list as I am sure I would end up disappointing myself. There is just too much I would like to do.

I am more inclined just to get up and decide to do something like you did based on the set of opportunities and circumstances that I find in my backpack. Books probably catalyze those decisions more than anything else.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:09 PM

Never saw the need for a bucket list myself. We just do things as and when the desire strikes us.
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:13 PM

Originally Posted by Rhian ->
I would love to visit any continent other than Europe

Africa would be my first choice I think...
The safari thing has always appealed to me
Well, I've been to various countries in Africa. South Africa Was the first if you don't count the stopover in Nairobi.
It was while apartheid was still in operation. For me, brought up as a country boy in rural Scotland, that was an eye opener. I have been back a few times since apartheid was dismantled. Rightly so. But it is not the country it used to be. I won't go back.

I also went to Libya. Oil and gas projects. Then there was the conflict. So the last project went on hold - and remained so.

Most of my trips have been on business but our last trip to the African continent was Morocco for a holiday. Brilliant.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:26 PM

Originally Posted by Besoeker ->
Well, I've been to various countries in Africa. South Africa Was the first if you don't count the stopover in Nairobi.
It was while apartheid was still in operation. For me, brought up as a country boy in rural Scotland, that was an eye opener. I have been back a few times since apartheid was dismantled. Rightly so. But it is not the country it used to be. I won't go back.
I worked in Port Elizabeth and Brits on a number of occasions either side of Apartheid and I completely agree with you, Besoeker. South Africa went downhill so quickly after Apartheid ended. It also became extremely dangerous for us "whities" in PE. We were not allowed to travel there by our Japanese bosses.
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-02-2020, 05:33 PM

No List, just the one ambition really, and that's to live in Portugal again. It won't mean living as in fully paid up official resident as in the past, but just to own a place there again and to spend a few month a year there.

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top