Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Xandra
United Kingdom
Xandra is female  Xandra has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 07:44 PM

Re: The green flash

That is fascinating Bakerman, I've never seen it.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 07:49 PM

Bakerman, was that pic taken at Key West? I have sat and watched the sun go down there. It's a big thing over there isn't it.
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-12-2020, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bakerman, was that pic taken at Key West? I have sat and watched the sun go down there. It's a big thing over there isn't it.
It's not my photo. Just something I looked up online.
The only times I've seen the green flash is from California beaches.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:12 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
It's not my photo. Just something I looked up online.
The only times I've seen the green flash is from California beaches.
Ok.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
When the sky is clear and you have an unobstructed view of the Sun at sunset, just as the sun disappears , or occasionally at sunrise, most often over the ocean, you can see a brief green flash. Science says it is caused by a scattering of light, into individual colors, similar to a prism. It lasts only a second or so, so you must be patient and not look away

I have seen it several times from the beaches of California over the Pacific ocean. However, never quite as clear and crisp as the photo below.

Who else has seen it ???
I have seen it a few times (but not for a while) however I would say it lasts less than a second, it really is just a flash of green. I think it is more prevalent the nearer to the equator you are - at least that is my experience (but could be totally wrong).

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top