Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:30 AM

Re: Tattoos and piercings

I dont like tattoos on women so no i havent and I wont.

I'm old school and old fashioned and still think women are the fairer sex. I have only once thought i might get a tattoo which was to be in loving memory of my sister but then i got to thinking I know she wouldn't want me to do it do didn't. Anyway, I dont do pain lol.

I suppose little ones hidden away aren't too bad but I cant get my head around why ladies would want a whole sleeve in ink. I wonder if its to draw attention to themselves? Might be wrong though of course.

Face and neck tattoos is a definite turn off for me.

Each to their own, just not me
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:38 AM

No, l would never have a tattoo but l am not going to knock anyone who does.
I do wonder if some regret having them done? Especially, those roses on the left one!!

My daughter’s ex boyfriend was a sought after talented tattooist/artist, earning big money from it.
To his due, not once did he encourage her to have a tattoo.
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:05 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
No

No

DEFINITELY no!
It's a NO from me too. I'd hate to have both.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:52 PM

There's an advert running for the charity that provides guide dogs for the blind that features a tattoo "artist" that suddenly lost his sight. In it he is asking for a guide dog. Precisely how he could continue as a tattoo "artist" if he had a guide dog intrigues me.

(Well sorta!)
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 02:31 PM

There's an advert running for the charity that provides guide dogs for the blind that features a tattoo "artist" that suddenly lost his sight. In it he is asking for a guide dog. Precisely how he could continue as a tattoo "artist" if he had a guide dog intrigues me.

(Well sorta!)
yes i saw that todgy, I wondered too
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 03:09 PM

(Well sorta!)
Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
yes i saw that todgy, I wondered too
If the video below is the same one you mention, I also saw it but the chap did say he now wants to be a counsellor, no mention of continuing his previous work as a tattoo artist.

Although of course the advert you both saw may have been totally different, there are plenty of them.

Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 03:22 PM

I would be good if someone would invent a version which wears off after a short period, maybe a year.

That would remove the problem of having some old girl friend's name, on there, in full public view!

It would also be good for the tattooist, in terms of regular imcome?

I don't like tattoos, but I repect that it's the person's choice.

You might have to get some attention somehow?

However, when I gave one of my grandson's a large cash birthday present, as a bale out, I was somewhat miffed to see he'd spent it all on a tattooed picture, on his arm!

Never again!

The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
If the video below is the same one you mention, I also saw it but the chap did say he now wants to be a counsellor, no mention of continuing his previous work as a tattoo artist.

Although of course the advert you both saw may have been totally different, there are plenty of them.

Of course there wasn't but it was a case of "WTF" - a knee jerk reaction. Made us giggle.

Same sorta thing as a blind parachutist. He knows he's near the ground when the leash goes slack. Just a silly giggle!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 07:11 PM

No, and no.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-12-2020, 01:53 PM

Hi

Never allowed a tattoo, rule of the job, no distinguishing marks.

Always thought that a bit strange as I have some huge scars.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top