Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Pesta
Chatterbox
North of the South UK
Pesta is female  Pesta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:57 AM

Happy

We've got annoyed threads , whinging threads, doom and gloom threads.

Anyone happy?

Share what made you happy, lightened your mood, gave you smile .... you know you want to
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 01:43 AM

Re: Happy

Sure. I could honestly say that most of the time I am happy. And I am..happy..to share a few things that make my life good. But as you say,most of the time here people seem to want to talk about all the "sh*t" in the world. So..when in Rome, I join in. And I get sucked into the doom also. But what makes me happy? I'd have to be convinced I'm not wasting mine and everybody else's time by talking about it.
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 06:17 AM

Well, even with all the doom and gloom there is about and I have to add, probably for good reason, after a heart attack 12 years' ago now, I was happy to have woken up this morning.

That was a set-back to my plans but I am still here, as are others. Sadly though some don't make it. That has to be borne in mind so waking up every morning can only be a happy positive – I will however, be very annoyed when that doesn't happen!
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:45 AM

I have always been a happy, upbeat person. I mean, what’s the alternative? Doom and gloom... no thanks!

I did have a blip, last week when it was announced our Tier 1 area had been put into Tier 3. That really upset me but l my positive side stepped in and l am now back to my normal happy self.
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 11:50 AM

I love this song ‘Happy’ by Pharrell Williams. It was playing in the supermarket last week and l was really dancing to it whilst going round the aisles with the trolley! .... Yes, l know, l should be certified!

https://youtu.be/y6Sxv-sUYtM

(I can’t do big pic on my iPad)
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:02 PM

I am happy that I have lovely healthy children, now grown up, I am happy I have lots of books to read & I am happy I have the internet to come to.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:06 PM

I dont see myself as miserable or unhappy. I do however find myself getting annoyed more and more as I've got older, moreso over the last 5 years as life has changed dramatically and too quickly for my liking and its causing me to moan.

I'm happy I'm still in reasonable health apart from Afib and COPD and an suto immune disease but these are not debilitating my everyday life really.

I feel extremely happy my dad is still around and I get to spend every day with him. Im happy I am fortunate enough to have plenty of friends and people who care about me, im happy im fortunate enough to have a job working with people whose company I enjoy even though I cant wait to retire lol. Im happy I have such a blessed marriage with someone who loves me as much as I love him. Im happy im a part of this forum which I see as a happy place for the most part and full of amazing and interesting people.

So yeah, I'd say I'm a happy person mostly. I don't think anyone could be truly happy all of the time as pitfalls, worries, illness and bereavement comes along, we just have to do our best to remain positive even through the tough times.

Essay over
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:07 PM

Pesta I am almost always happy, I love being alone, never get lonely and rarely grumble.

This is the best time of my life, after a strange childhood and having very little to call my own for most of my life I now have all I need and security

I have even been happy and 'enjoyed' lockdown .
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-12-2020, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Pesta I am almost always happy, I love being alone, never get lonely and rarely grumble.

This is the best time of my life, after a strange childhood and having very little to call my own for most of my life I now have all I need and security

I have even been happy and 'enjoyed' lockdown .
Love this post xx
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK

03-12-2020, 12:49 PM

On the rare occasions l feel down, l think of the worse scenarios that could be happening to me and that puts my troubles and woes into perspective.

Mine are usually zilch in comparison.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top