Join for free
Page 2 of 505 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 03:17 PM

Re: Chinese Coronavirus

Originally Posted by May ->
The World Health Organization has advised people to avoid "unprotected" contact with live animals, thoroughly cook meat and eggs, and avoid close contact with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.

Signs of infection include respiratory symptoms, fever, cough, shortness of breath and breathing difficulties.

Worrying indeed..will We be advised to start wearing masks when out & about Our daily business I wonder
Hi

Currently minimal risks here in the UK, so stop worrying and carry on as normal.

Facemasks which you can buy are useless anyway against certain types of virus.

We have an effective Vaccination against Ebola.

We already have samples of this virus and are working on an antidote for it.

Feel free to follow Realists advice and do not get vaccinated.

I will not be.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 04:07 PM

Best not to mention Realist & vaccines in the same sentence....not seen Him around for a wee while...I do hope He hasn't caught the flu'.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 06:03 PM

Originally Posted by May ->
Best not to mention Realist & vaccines in the same sentence....not seen Him around for a wee while...I do hope He hasn't caught the flu'.

Naughty May . . .

May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 06:53 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Naughty May . . .

I'd better zip it or I'll get zapped...again
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-01-2020, 09:07 PM

Originally Posted by Donkeyman ->
Ebola did reach here Arty, but it is a tropical disease and cant
survive in our climate! But some other diseases are not hampered
by this factor, hence my concern?
Donkeyman!
Yes, Donkeyman. There were a few cases of people with Ebola, who had come back to this country after living there but it didn’t reach pandemic proportions.
shropshiregirl
Chatterbox
Shropshire
shropshiregirl is female  shropshiregirl has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 06:18 PM

Looks like it’s getting more serious. The first case has now been found in the USA, with those affected returning from the areas (4) in China. Considering they now confirm that it can be passed person-to-person, it’s about time this country of ours pulls it's finger out and put safeguards into place immediately.

Just think, most Chinese restaurants here will be closed while thousands of owners and families return to China to celebrate Chinese New Year which starts on Saturday.
And they will then all be returning to the UK!!!
Surely the least we should do is test each and every one of them upon their return to prevent an epidemic happening here. It is quite scary.

What is your view, I honestly feel that travel to China should be suspended for citizens living here as surely they pose a risk to us all?

Am I right or am I being over cautious?
longfellow
Chatterbox
Penthouse in Essex overlooking the Thames.
longfellow is male  longfellow has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by shropshiregirl ->
Looks like it’s getting more serious. The first case has now been found in the USA, with those affected returning from the areas (4) in China. Considering they now confirm that it can be passed person-to-person, it’s about time this country of ours pulls it's finger out and put safeguards into place immediately.

Just think, most Chinese restaurants here will be closed while thousands of owners and families return to China to celebrate Chinese New Year which starts on Saturday.
And they will then all be returning to the UK!!!
Surely the least we should do is test each and every one of them upon their return to prevent an epidemic happening here. It is quite scary.

What is your view, I honestly feel that travel to China should be suspended for citizens living here as surely they pose a risk to us all?

Am I right or am I being over cautious?
Nope not at all are you being over cautious.
I do believe that the people in charge at Heathrow Airport need your kind of approach to this matter.

It is quite alarming that they are only singling out one part of China for checks and not all of China's airports.
I am sure China as more airports than just the Wuhan airport.

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/direct-fli...141403988.html
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 06:38 PM

I read that they will be monitoring planes landing here but assume that will only be if someone has symptoms. Time to buy a surgical mask?
Artangel
Chatterbox
UK
Artangel is female  Artangel has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 06:54 PM

I am not worried at all. We’ve been through all this scaremongering before and it’s come to nothing.
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-01-2020, 07:07 PM

Originally Posted by Artangel ->
I am not worried at all. We’ve been through all this scaremongering before and it’s come to nothing.
^^^^^^^

Could give you a list over the years that came to nothing.

Page 2 of 505 < 1 2 3 4 12 52 102 502 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top