Join for free
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 01:17 PM

No till

Tesco to launch first checkout free store.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-store.html
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:32 PM

Re: No till

Originally Posted by Cinderella ->
Tesco to launch first checkout free store.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ree-store.html
Won't have any impact in certain UK colonies. Probably not even be noticed.
Rhian
Chatterbox
North Wales
Rhian is female  Rhian has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:34 PM

I like the sound of an app to scan your shop!
But who will monitor what's not being scanned but ismaking its way in to the trolley/bag I wonder?
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:42 PM

I have been scanning using my phone for over a year now, it is great when it works because it saves so much time, plus no one gets to see the embarrassing items in your bag.

Occasionally, you get a random check, it can be five items or sometimes the whole lot. That is very annoying when that happens.

The only thing I don't do yet is to pay using my mobile, just haven't bothered setting it up.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 02:46 PM

Don't you just love the way they assume that the world and his dog have access to 'apps' and all that nonsense! What are those of us who don't carry cell phones supposed to do?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:08 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Don't you just love the way they assume that the world and his dog have access to 'apps' and all that nonsense! What are those of us who don't carry cell phones supposed to do?
Exactly! Not to mention being served by an actual person (who now clearly is looking for another job.)
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:38 PM

Here in Germany those not following the crowd will end up having to pay more and will slowly but surely see their shopping facilities being reduced just as they can only bank with a very limited number of branches and have to pay higher monthly fees for that.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Dachs ->
Here in Germany those not following the crowd will end up having to pay more and will slowly but surely see their shopping facilities reduced just as they can only bank with a very limited number of branches and have to pay higher monthly fees for that.
Older people then? Or those not technically savvy enough to work their way through a mobile? So its a rock and a hard place then. That isn't a good way to have a society
Dachs
Germany
Dachs is male  Dachs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Older people then? Or those not technically savvy enough to work their way through a mobile? So its a rock and a hard place then. That isn't a good way to have a society
Yes, mostly the elderly and those with little money who don't do online banking. It's a process, though, which is not happening over night.
The Baltic states are often referred to as an example.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 03:51 PM

Tesco will have effectively lost me as a customer as I flatly refuse to own a smartphone. I have been 100% content with my little Nokia 130 and I have absolutely no intension of replacing it.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top