Join for free
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:18 AM

Taliban returns in force

When Joe Biden was sworn in as president, he wasted no time in pulling American troops out of Afghanistan. In a few more months, there will be no more American troops left to defend the country against the hard line fundamentalist Taliban.

Every day that passes, the Taliban takes back more and more territory. Every day that passes, they kill off more and more secular government officials. Soon, Afghanistan will once again be a 'failed nation state.' And, it will become a safe haven for every terrorist organization.

What evil plans will they have in store for us ? Of course, their number one avowed enemy is the USA, but the UK is not far behind.

It is only a matter of time before we can expect a repeat of 9/11 and the bombing of the London Underground.

Personally, I expect that the UK will be hit 1st because the UK has essentially flung open the doors to any and all migrants. Most of whom are Muslims.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:28 AM

Re: Taliban returns in force

Originally Posted by bakerman ->
When Joe Biden was sworn in as president, he wasted no time in pulling American troops out of Afghanistan. In a few more months, there will be no more American troops left to defend the country against the hard line fundamentalist Taliban.

Every day that passes, the Taliban takes back more and more territory. Every day that passes, they kill off more and more secular government officials. Soon, Afghanistan will once again be a 'failed nation state.' And, it will become a safe haven for every terrorist organization.

What evil plans will they have in store for us ? Of course, their number one avowed enemy is the USA, but the UK is not far behind.

It is only a matter of time before we can expect a repeat of 9/11 and the bombing of the London Underground.

Personally, I expect that the UK will be hit 1st because the UK has essentially flung open the doors to any and all migrants. Most of whom are Muslims.
The Taliban never went away.
Cinderella
Chatterbox
East Anglia, UK
Cinderella is female  Cinderella has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:44 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The Taliban never went away.
Indeed, just been biding their time.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 10:50 AM

At least the Taliban is an enemy of ISIS and Iran and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The problem with the Afghanistan fiasco was that there was no plan and no end game. Total botch.

While the Taliban did provide sanctury for Al-Qaeda personally I doubt they will be involved in international terrorism they have other interests. Remember America armed and supported them when the Russians were in Afghanistan I think the west will negotiate with them
bakerman
Mexico
bakerman is male  bakerman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:33 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->

While the Taliban did provide sanctury for Al-Qaeda personally I doubt they will be involved in international terrorism they have other interests. Remember America armed and supported them when the Russians were in Afghanistan I think the west will negotiate with them
Bruce, you may be correct. Personally, I trust a fundamentalist Muslim about as much as I trust a cobra.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
At least the Taliban is an enemy of ISIS and Iran and the enemy of my enemy is my friend. The problem with the Afghanistan fiasco was that there was no plan and no end game. Total botch.

Taliban and DAESH/ISIS are two sides of the same coin. Our enemy is the coin.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top