Join for free
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:44 AM

Re: Bee02

Great photo Besoeker, there are plenty of bees to choose from round here. The lady across the road has had to have a bloke out to relocate a nest of White Tailed bees after they were making a home in her loft, and next door I think there is a nest under their decking. Ladybirds are in abundance also and give a little prick when they land on me unobserved, I soon know it's there though....
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:51 AM

Fun Fact - Apparently if you see a bee on the road, its likely exhausted and needs a drink of sugary water. So always take a small bottle of sugared water with you and give a tired bee a wee drink.

*This Fun Fact does not include alcohol
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 08:56 AM

Good photo. Some bees can be obliging in posing for photos. Others you have to be quick with. A good capture.

There aren't so many bees here this year at last. Something must be wrong somehow. I'm going to give half the garden over to wildflowers and let the grass, daisies and buttercups grow. It might help.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Good photo. Some bees can be obliging in posing for photos. Others you have to be quick with. A good capture.

There aren't so many bees here this year at last. Something must be wrong somehow. I'm going to give half the garden over to wildflowers and let the grass, daisies and buttercups grow. It might help.
I think the weather can be a major factor in the bee population mart, we had a very dry spring here and the flowers bloomed later than usual. They seem to have caught up now though.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 10:44 AM

I've seen quite a few bees in our garden, particularly around the raspberry canes. Haven't seen any ladybirds yet though.

Nice pic Besoeker
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

22-06-2021, 11:20 AM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
I've seen quite a few bees in our garden, particularly around the raspberry canes. Haven't seen any ladybirds yet though.

Nice pic Besoeker
For the last month I've had a couple of rhododendrons in full bloom with scores of bees visiting it every day, we also have a lot of cotoneasters growing wild around the outside walls of the garden and they are usually full of bees also...It certainly sounds like summer on a sunny afternoon...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 01:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Lovely photo, Besoeker! There have been a few bees round about here, but fewer than normal I would say.

I think Ullabi has been eying them up!

Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Fun Fact - Apparently if you see a bee on the road, its likely exhausted and needs a drink of sugary water. So always take a small bottle of sugared water with you and give a tired bee a wee drink.

*This Fun Fact does not include alcohol
Here's a bee I rescued from a bucket of water in our garden, and gave it a drink of sugar water in a milk bottle top . Not a great quality pic, because it's a still from an iPhone video.

[IMG]

[/IMG]
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 02:10 PM

Are ladybirds the same thing as ladybugs. Those roundish bugs with spots on them that fly?
Beautiful photo’.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-06-2021, 02:14 PM

Originally Posted by Bathsheba ->
Here's a bee I rescued from a bucket of water in our garden, and gave it a drink of sugar water in a milk bottle top . Not a great quality pic, because it's a still from an iPhone video.

[IMG]

[/IMG]
Awww…. Sweet.

Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top