Join for free
Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:25 PM

Re: Bus Depot.

I usually make sure not to drink to much when I travel on the bus.

Once I went through a time when I was caught out , when you have to go you can’t hold it in, I was lucky on those occasions, I was either over the golf course or near a ditch where I could hide...

It may be an age thing.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:27 PM

I wouldn't leave my dog anywhere tbh, I would rather wet myself than have him taken. Funnily enough, on our walk the other day we saw a small dog tied to a tree in a church yard. We did the normal route then I went back to see if he was still there, luckily, I saw him walking along with his owner otherwise I might have got involved. I would hate to think that a dog had been abandoned and I could have done something to help it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:33 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I wouldn't leave my dog anywhere tbh, I would rather wet myself than have him taken. Funnily enough, on our walk the other day we saw a small dog tied to a tree in a church yard. We did the normal route then I went back to see if he was still there, luckily, I saw him walking along with his owner otherwise I might have got involved. I would hate to think that a dog had been abandoned and I could have done something to help it.
I can understand that, but that bus driver with his clap trap had no right to accuse me of abandoning my dog, I bet he called that guy with the walkie talkie, he was in a uniform as well.

That bus driver was so loud he wouldn’t let me explain..he did when I got loud..which admittedly wasn’t the best idea...

When you see red. even if there are a 1,000 people in close proximity I don’t see them, because I was focused on him only.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
I can understand that, but that bus driver with his clap trap had no right to accuse me of abandoning my dog, I bet he called that guy with the walkie talkie, he was in a uniform as well.

That bus driver was so loud he wouldn’t let me explain..he did when I got loud..which admittedly wasn’t the best idea...

When you see red. even if there are a 1,000 people in close proximity I don’t see them, because I was focused on him only.
Bus drivers are generally sort of ..... nah, I can't say it.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 04:43 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Bus drivers are generally sort of ..... nah, I can't say it.
The first bus I got on this morning, he was funny, I asked him if the bus went to Basingstoke he said.

Ummmm, yes it says so on the bus, there’s no need for that, I just let it wash over, some are extremely miserable, I just think ,we’ll, they may have problems, we all get bad days, I won’t let it affect me or drag me down...I’m positive and happy most of the time,..life is very short.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:45 PM

On the other hand, I suppose that one could take heart by the way that an apparently abandoned pet was being dealt with.

Personally, I'd have taken the dog into the toilet with me and sod the bystanders who complained. Rather that than having my dog let loose or nicked by a passer by.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 04:49 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
On the other hand, I suppose that one could take heart by the way that an apparently abandoned pet was being dealt with.

Personally, I'd have taken the dog into the toilet with me and sod the bystanders who complained. Rather that than having my dog let loose or nicked by a passer by.
Yes, I may do that next time, it did go through my mind about a young person letting him off the lead, he wouldn’t be nicked, he’s very elderly.

I was desperate for the toilet though, you can get frantic when you need to go, I would have been mortified if I wet myself.
I won’t ever leave him alone again..

Edit to add..those toilets in the centre were a disgrace as well,
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:54 PM

Originally Posted by pauline3 ->
Yes, I may do that next time, it did go through my mind about a young person letting him off the lead, he wouldn’t be nicked, he’s very elderly.

I was desperate for the toilet though, you can get frantic when you need to go, I would have been mortified if I wet myself.
I won’t ever leave him alone again..
Probably for the best. Can you even imagine how you'd be feeling if you came out and he wasn't there?
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK

15-07-2021, 04:55 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Probably for the best. Can you even imagine how you'd be feeling if you came out and he wasn't there?

Exactly....I would have been frantic, but I was desperate for a wee.

Next time, I won’t drink anything in the morning on leaving my sons house.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

15-07-2021, 04:56 PM

Aye you try to do the right thing and people accuse you of doing the wrong thing.

I got yelled at by a female bus driver once for knocking on the doors of the bus after she had closed them to drive off. I have no idea about bus etiquette at all, but she absolutely shouted at me like I was 5 years old, in front of passengers. I just got off and have never been on a bus since, heh!

Page 2 of 13 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top