Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:47 AM

Something In The Eye?

Yesterday, I realised that there is something in my left eye.

It's small, but very irritating.

I've tried the usual things, like pulling the eyelids forward, Blinking a lot, and making tear drops flow, all that stuff.

So, now, it's a walk to the chemist.

No use trying the Local Doctor Surgery as they are still in hiding.

Thinking of trying some sort of eyebath.

Any ideas? (eye dears?)
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:50 AM

Re: Something In The Eye?

Optometrist?. Not a doctor as such but could certainly have an educated look at your eye.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 09:57 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Optometrist?. Not a doctor as such but could certainly have an educated look at your eye.
Thanks, keezoy, I'll try to get an appointment at one of those, if nobody comes up with any simple way of sorting it.
LongDriver
West Sussex (coastal)
LongDriver is male  LongDriver has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 10:48 AM

An eye bath and some very weak saline solution (1%) might shift it, but it could have already been blinked out and all you are feeling is the 'scar' left behind by the foreign object. If making your own saline then I would suggest you use cooled boiled water rather than straight from the tap.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 11:07 AM

Originally Posted by LongDriver ->
An eye bath and some very weak saline solution (1%) might shift it, but it could have already been blinked out and all you are feeling is the 'scar' left behind by the foreign object. If making your own saline then I would suggest you use cooled boiled water rather than straight from the tap.
I agree with the saline and avoid rubbing. If you don't have an eyebath a sterilised egg cup may do for now.

Also as Keezoy says worth a check with the optometrist.
Tedc
Berkshire, UK

19-07-2021, 11:52 AM

Thanks, all!

Chemist is having a delivery of eyewash (no pun intended) on Wednesday.

However, they, also, said what you've said.

Optometrist is fully booked, at the mo!

Will try underwater blinking, in the bath, tonight.

Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 03:08 PM

It may be that the object is gone, but the irritated area needs to heal. Have you tried a very warm cloth over your eye for 10 to 15 minutes? It allows the tear ducts to clear and begin working on their own, and soothes the entire eye.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-07-2021, 05:15 PM

Could it be the start of a stye, Ted?
Twink55
Chatterbox
Cheshire, England
Twink55 is female  Twink55 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 07:25 AM

I hope you have got rid of whatever was in your eye Ted..it must be so irritating!
If it is still there, we will have to come round and make you cry....that may solve the problem!
Lindyloo
isle of wight
Lindyloo is female  Lindyloo has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-07-2021, 08:04 AM

I remember being told to close your eyes and blow your nose hard! Could be worth a try......

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top