Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:21 PM

Re: Talk about anything....

Exercise who does who does not...?

We purchased a leaf picker upper.. you push it like a pram and so as long as it is dry, it works wonders.

Loads of walking backwards and forwards, Husband's toy, luckily...I find that it's a bit boring..
Then he sorts the new land and the farm grass is looking so much better..there again he does all that..mmmm..scratch head time....
I spend most of my time weeding...and digging..cleaning and cooking..goodness, I must get out more....
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:28 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Indeed, Pauline. And after just reading OldGreyFox's thoroughly inspiring profile for a third time (after something he's just said in another thread), I've decided to get on my bike a lot more often from now on.

We have a beautiful stretch of coastline from here (Marske) to Redcar, with spectacular views of a wind turbine farm (I think they're rather beautiful), and I've been letting it all go to waste for far too long now.
He is indeed an inspiration, he is a marathon runner, I just jog a couple of miles sometimes only a mile..

I must look that coastline up, it sounds divine, get that bike out, you may not feel the benefits to start with, probably aching all over,...but you will reap the benefits after a while.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by DianneWoollie ->
Exercise who does who does no.?

We purchased a leaf picker upper.. you push it like a pram and so as long as it is dry, it works wonders.

Loads of walking backwards and forwards, Husband's toy, luckily...I find that it's a bit boring..
Then he sorts the new land and the farm grass is looking so much better..there again he does all that..mmmm..scratch head time....
I must say, Dianne, your homestead and environment sounds like a pretty magical place to live!

I still think about your lovely duck pairs cuddling up together in their purple snow setting.
Dextrous63
Chatterbox
Manchester, UK
Dextrous63 is male  Dextrous63 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:32 PM

Keep meaning to get a bike. Currently have one that's a bit too good for what I need, which would be a cheapish hybrid for £200-£300.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:33 PM

Radio 2 Clifford T Ward now...very nice...
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

26-07-2021, 04:36 PM

I must say, Dianne, your homestead and environment sounds like a pretty magical place to live!

I still think about your lovely duck pairs cuddling up together in their purple snow setting.

The Ducks were in Bexhill and went to our good Friend Jason who runs Mantel Farm..Basically everything to do with Chickens but they sell ducks also..That is how we all became good friends...Miss them and do not ask J. about them as no they are likely no longer with us..Had then a long time and in captivity theirs lives are shortened...

Yes the life suits us, but it is not without issues...
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 04:37 PM

I'm making some soup with my allotment produce. Its coming along very well, but I think I may have mistaken chilli paste for chilly sauce.... Its still nice though...so long as you have water to drink!
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

26-07-2021, 04:38 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Keep meaning to get a bike. Currently have one that's a bit too good for what I need, which would be a cheapish hybrid for £200-£300.
We all use to ride along the sea front at Bexhill to Hastings. They have a cycle lane. Just found it to dodgey on the Roads.
Same when we lived on and off in San Juan..the seafront ride was good..trouble there was I came off twice and knees where a right mess. I actually hurt a lot, and yet I felt really embarrassed.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

26-07-2021, 04:39 PM

Originally Posted by Dextrous63 ->
Yes, Dex, mine's a hybrid. A Saracen from Halfords which I bought about 15 years ago for £300. Amazing quality for the money. It is still in great condition after using it nearly every day for all these years.

Just get on it on go!
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France

26-07-2021, 04:42 PM

Yes, Dex, mine's a hybrid. A Saracen from Halfords which I bought about 15 years ago for £300. Amazing quality for the money. It is still in great condition after using it nearly every day for all these years.

Just get on it on go!

Need to practice riding it.. in the damn traffic though...

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top