Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 06:03 PM

What's your favorite Musical?

As I said in the lyric thread.. I think Wicked is my favorite. I have seen it 3 times. I've seen both Phantom and Les Mis twice.. So I guess they are tied for 2nd place.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 06:07 PM

Re: What's your favorite Musical?

West Side Story - seen - many times ....
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 06:09 PM

There's so many of them from the 40s and 50s but, if I'm pushed to pick one, it would have to be "Gypsy".
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
There's so many of them from the 40s and 50s but, if I'm pushed to pick one, it would have to be "Gypsy".
Gypsy is my second favourite and if you notice both star Natalie Wood .......
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 07:01 PM

oh without a doubt Les Mis. Saw it in Liverpool with Stephen and Colm Wilkinson was in it. He is wonderful, what a voice.
daisymay
South Wales Valleys
daisymay is female  daisymay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 07:05 PM

I saw Superstar in London when it was first produced. My friend and I just managed to snag two tickets in the centre of the front row of the gods! Jeez louize I nearly died, we came through an archway and the steps down to the seats was almost vertical, and I have NO head for heights. But once the show began I was lost. From our seats we were looking down onto the stage and the view was phenomenal. When we left we still so 'high' on emotion that we walked around town for a good hour before setting off home. And have to say that despite having become an atheist since then, I still love the show. I have for instance always liked the idea that Judas did what he did because he had to, because it was 'part of the plan'.

Then many years later, when my son was 13 (or maybe 14) we went to see Joseph with Peter Schofield. We had hoped to see Jason Donovan but he was on a break. However Schofield was brilliant.

But I have also seen Fiddler, and Oliver as live shows, and I just adore the old Busby Berkeley films, not to mention ones like Seven Brides, Annie get your gun, Cabaret (this one could watch every week and not tire of) half a sixpence and so on and so on, so to claim any one song, from any one show would be well nigh impossible.

OOps slapped wrist there, almost forgot Les Mis
AudreyII
USA
AudreyII is female  AudreyII has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 07:09 PM

I love some of the oldies too... Carousel.... Oklahoma...South Pacific...Show Boat... I can sing almost all the lyrics..

I would love to see a play in London... however I have seen several on Broadway and that was a thrill. So much history on the Great White Way...
Wrinkly
Fondly Remembered
West Yorks.
Wrinkly is male  Wrinkly has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 07:21 PM

Don't laugh but it has to be Oklahoma!
It was on at the pictures February 9th. 1957, on our first date, a box of Newberry fruits and a kiss and cuddle, 56 years later, I have to say that she was reading what I put on my Ipad
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 07:36 PM

Mine were, or are, Miss Saigon and Les Mis. I agree about Colm Wilkinson and his terrific voice.

Going back years I enjoyed ANY musical with Martin Shaw - Are You Lonesome Tonight, They're Playing Our Song. And there was Time, written by Dave Clark. All musicals I saw more than once. Enjoy Fiddler On The Roof any time it's on telly.

Hated Guys and Dolls!
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-08-2013, 07:50 PM

"Cats" seen it twice, love to sing "Memories" (get told off though!) closely followed or even a tie with "Phantom" love "Wishing you were somehow here again" and "Point of no return", haven't seen that live yet but the film was super! We don't get many good musicals here, if we do they rarely have big names. I'm hoping "War of The Worlds" will come one day. Youngest is off to see "Rocky Horror" soon, will be dressing up for it!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top