Join for free
Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 05:36 PM

Re: Jan. 28 - My Song of the Day - What is yours?

Originally Posted by Gianetta ->
Hi AO!

Ahhhh...this song bring so many memory to me - I grow up hear this song all the time - my Nonno also was enjoy Lou Monte singing....also, this song was feature in The Godfather movie at the wedding.... GREAT choice to post for us! A HAPPY SONG! - Thank youuuu! xo Gia
My mother said its a typical Naples song. Of course she is from Naples so for her everything comes from there
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 05:41 PM

Ciao Stephan!

Hahaaa..... yes.... poor student syndrome - haha.... but... that degree was pay off at the end, yes? BRAVO to you for go through those rite of passage and survive! Jackson Browne Run On Empty = Grazie, grazie, amico mio! da Gia xo
Gianetta
US
Gianetta is female  Gianetta has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 05:43 PM

Rodolfo - I am born in Napoli...but I was not realize it is a typical Naple song! haha.... No WONDER my Nonno was enjoy so much that music! Hmmm....thank you for tell that to me. May be you Mama not like music from that region - I dunno - but it was all I ever hear growing up...along with all the physical antic that accompany that song! oh boy! haha....Tante grazie, amico mio! xo da Gia
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 05:45 PM

[QUOTE=Gianetta;815095]Rodolfo - I am born in Napoli...but I was not realize it is a typical Naple song! haha.... No WONDER my Nonno was enjoy so much that music! Hmmm....thank you for tell that to me. May be you Mama not like music from that region - I dunno - but it was all I ever hear growing up...along with all the physical antic that accompany that song! oh boy! haha....Tante grazie, amico mio! xo da Gia[/QUOTE

She tells me that her family use to sit around after dinner and sing these songs]
Gianetta
US

28-01-2016, 05:48 PM

Yes, Rodolfo - always our big family was together (especial on Sunday) and all the time they sing together those kind song - Uncle Nuno play his mandolin or his accordion - drive us craze, but they all have such a nice time togethers...... was good memory for me as a small child..... some time TOO much good time...haha...but very memoryable for to see them enjoy each company together. Still to this day I hear those song and Uncle Nuno still play - he is almost 90 year old! lol..... still got it!
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 05:49 PM

Originally Posted by eyes_of_a_painter ->
My mother .... she is from Naples so for her everything comes from there
Like Robinson Caruso?
Gianetta
US

28-01-2016, 05:50 PM

Haha! Robinson CARUSO!! LOL!!!!!!!!!!! You goofy, AO! hahaaa!
Gianetta
US

28-01-2016, 05:52 PM

This man could be my Uncle Nuno...in many way! haha...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCdpykqAlKM
eyes_of_a_painter
n

28-01-2016, 05:54 PM

Originally Posted by Advantage Out ->
Like Robinson Caruso?

Indeed.. she says Caruso was from Naples as well. I never argue with my 91 year old mama..
Advantage Out
Öresund, Sweden
Advantage Out is male  Advantage Out has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-01-2016, 05:55 PM

Maybe yous also like-a this one:

Page 2 of 6 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top