Join for free
Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 12:04 AM

Re: Bozo verdict

Originally Posted by JBR ->
That's exactly why they needed to make the decision right now...
if not sooner!
Hi

Sooner would have been better.

The EU are much better prepared than us and I am not happy with that.

I would not give them an inch.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 12:09 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Yes, sooner would have been far better.
Unfortunately, the EU have kept us talking for two reasons:
- to keep benefiting from our financial contributions;
- to prevent us from organising ourselves to benefit the most from an early Brexit and WTO preparations.

Call me cynical, but that is what I suspect. The EU aims to benefit itself and no-one else.

And now Marge is insisting that it's bed time.
Solasch
Chatterbox
Netherlands
Solasch is male  Solasch has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 12:44 AM

Hi

Is that why grant schaps counts on mighty EU to solve aviation problems for sovereign britain?

GRANT SHAPPS ADMITS UK-EU FLIGHTS COULD BE GROUNDED IN THE EVENT OF NO DEAL https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b1035344.html

Better not plan a vacation china, thailand, indonesia, or take a flight via theusa. fta
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 07:30 AM

Hi We have to, WTO Rules.

We have already published them.

Every Country in the WTO applies Tariffs and Non Tariff Barriers, including Quotas and Sanitary and \non Sanitary Barriers.

So what ?

We don't have to apply tarrifs either that's not true
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:12 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
The EU sounds completely unmoved by boris' threats, they are willing to do a deal but not at any price i.e. they will not give you a deal that damages the Single Market and Customs Union (which from the EU's point of view is fair enough). The EU finished it's No Deal preparations in 2019 and has likely priced in a No Deal. They can take the hit far better than you can. It boils down to 27 nation states in a trading bloc vs 1 Nation State that's effectively a new trading nation.

Set a monument, before he leaves to go live in another country!
https://www.change.org/p/kent-county...r-nigel-farage

Ha ha ha. Love it. Farage’s garage. At best it will be a monumental empty wasteland, at worst it will be hell for our just in time supplies or should I say “just too late”

Well the pro Brexit trolls on here can have a good laugh. Glad I don’t live in Kent. If anyone on here actually lives in Kent and voted for this shite then remember “Farage’s garage”
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 10:54 AM

Originally Posted by Solasch ->
Is that why grant schaps counts on mighty EU to solve aviation problems for sovereign britain?

GRANT SHAPPS ADMITS UK-EU FLIGHTS COULD BE GROUNDED IN THE EVENT OF NO DEAL https://www.independent.co.uk/travel...-b1035344.html

Better not plan a vacation china, thailand, indonesia, or take a flight via theusa. fta
Under the circumstances I think that would be very wise indeed....
Hands up all those who want to travel to China......

The sooner we get shut of the EU the better, and get all those foreign lorries off our roads too. British Farmers and fishermen? You're on! Show us what you've got....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Under the circumstances I think that would be very wise indeed....
Hands up all those who want to travel to China......

The sooner we get shut of the EU the better, and get all those foreign lorries off our roads too. British Farmers and fishermen? You're on! Show us what you've got....

I don't think we'll be importing anything like what we have done from the EU, and we don't export much to them anyway.

I expect that we'll be importing from other parts of the world, so why should everything have to come in through Dover and other Channel ports. In any event, aren't the Frog fishermen going to blockade the Channel ports?

Liverpool and Bristol are just two possible sites for such imports by sea.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by JBR ->

I don't think we'll be importing anything like what we have done from the EU, and we don't export much to them anyway.

I expect that we'll be importing from other parts of the world, so why should everything have to come in through Dover and other Channel ports. In any event, aren't the Frog fishermen going to blockade the Channel ports?

Liverpool and Bristol are just two possible sites for such imports by sea.
Those ports have served us well in the past JB....
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:35 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
Ha ha ha. Love it. Farage’s garage. At best it will be a monumental empty wasteland, at worst it will be hell for our just in time supplies or should I say “just too late”

Well the pro Brexit trolls on here can have a good laugh. Glad I don’t live in Kent. If anyone on here actually lives in Kent and voted for this shite then remember “Farage’s garage”

Will the real Anna Soubry please stand up

Project fear at its finest ...
Tedc
Berkshire, UK
Tedc is male  Tedc has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-10-2020, 11:44 AM

It's good to hear that Germany is handling it all so much better:-

"Angela Merkel is said to be deeply concerned that new coronavirus restrictions agreed by regional leaders do not go far enough and Germany may be heading for "disaster".

The warning comes as Germany and Italy – two countries that appeared to have escaped the worst of the second wave – recorded their highest daily rise in infections since the start of the pandemic.

Mrs Merkel put on a brave face for the cameras after German regional leaders stopped short of agreeing tough new measures she had proposed on Wednesday.

But behind closed doors she reportedly lost her temper during marathon six-hour talks with the leaders of Germany's 16 states, telling them she was "not happy" and warning: "What you've agreed is not enough to avert disaster."

Under Germany's federal system, the state governments have the final say over lockdown measures and Mrs Merkel is powerless to overrule them."

From the Telegraph, today!

Page 5 of 9 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top