Join for free
Page 547 of 754 « First < 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 597 647 > Last »
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-06-2020, 04:09 PM

Re: Over 50's Club Scotland (part 3)

Good afternoon. It is very hot out today. I've been a bit lazy again today. I potted the herbs, staked some peonies. I think I knocked more petals off than I saved! Must do it earlier next year. Roxy, my excuse for no housework is that I'm waiting until it is raining before I start indoors. Hope you have all enjoyed your day.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 09:09 AM

Morning, Rain all night and still chucking it down. Not walked with the dog yet been hoping it would ease but nope, am going to have to bite the bullet. Got to go into Town after and I bet the road will be flooded, gawd I miss my big 4x4 will have to beg a shot of his land-rover as I don't want to get stuck. Right Ladies have a nice day.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 10:28 AM

Good morning ladies. May glad to hear your ok. Beki all my roses are in bloom and they are gorgeous. Roxy no rain here for a few days. They are opening some of the carparks here this weekend so no doubt the idiots with the jet skis will be back. Have a problem with a neighbours cat doing its business in my garden. My other neighbour has suggested getting stones from the beach as one of the other neighbours did it. Will have to some shopping later for dinner.
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland
Beki is female  Beki has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2020, 12:11 PM

Just making it in time to say 'Good Morning'. Jess, one of my neighbours filled a plastic lemonade/squash bottle with water and put it on it's side in her garden. Apparently cat's don't like it & don't visit. Worth a try. Don't know about stones as my garden is mainly chipped and paved & I still see cats at times. I do have a spray so must use it. No bright sunshine but still bright & dry here. I haven't ventured into the garden yet but that's where I will spend some time today. There is always something needing done. Hope you don't get the crowds descending on your town Jess. I often meet my brother and we have days out. Largs has been on the agenda for a few years, mainly for us to go over to Millport where he hasn't been for years, & we haven't got around to it yet. Last time he was visiting friends in Largs he, and the friend he was travelling with, had a terrible journey home. Can't recall the detail but they had travelled by train from Glasgow & the return trains were cancelled. There was no direct bus to Glasgow available by that time. He said the local bus drivers (I think it was bus drivers) were excellent and were giving people information on how they could get to their destinations. Have a good day all.
valentinojess
largs, scotland
valentinojess is female  valentinojess has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 09:38 AM

Good morning ladies. Beki I've heard of putting a bottle of water in the garden to keep cats away. One of my neighbours also suggested a spray. I love going over to Millport its so peaceful there I take a book and buy sandwiches over there and sit and read any book. They sometimes do cancel trains here for some unknown reason. I'm not even sure what time the last bus is from here. I have my niece and her boyfriend coming down for a vist, then the are going hill walking. Another one is coming down to pickme up and take me to Glasgow for another night stay, then bring me home tomorrow.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.
Roxy is female  Roxy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2020, 10:15 AM

Morning All, Not a bad day here but both of us are feeling low and a bit down. This is usually one of the big W/E for us, we would have driven down to my house for a few days and spent the time at the Royal Highland Show in Edinburgh. But it's cancelled of course thanks to the bloody virus. Himself knows a lot of the Clydesdale owners and is in his element with the big beautiful beasts and spends ages with them.
Anyway as it's a nice day we're taking our own clydes of for a full hack in the hills this afternoon, cheer us both up.
Enjoy your day..
Beki
Edinburgh, Scotland

20-06-2020, 11:40 AM

Good morning. I had to look at the time to see if it was still morning. I had an early breakfast & went out before 9am. It worked, no queues and I got some Rosemary & Oregano. Will pot those later. Warm & bright but a few clouds hanging around. I haven't attended the Highland Show for a few years Roxy. It gets a bit samey if I go too regularly. I remember the days when I wouldn't miss going. Maybe next year? Another place I haven't been for years is House of Bruar. Maybe, if this virus recedes, I will visit their annual sale weekend (I think November?). No particular plans for today so will potter around in the garden and maybe even indoors. Thankfully all of the hard work in the garden is now done, but it's still a never ending task. Is May OK? I haven't seen her post for a couple of days. Enjoy your day.
Roxy
Chatterbox
Caithness.

21-06-2020, 10:15 AM

Morning, Having problems as I can't post on my computer. Am on my phone to let you know this
I hate using the phone as the keyboard is so small and I keep making mistakes over and over. Won't be back till this is sorted as it's too much hassle.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 02:47 PM

Afternoon Each,and wharra day it's been,heavy downpours of rain every half hour,so haven't moved far except to put bins out between deluge for collection Tomorrow,

Hope You've managed to uninstall the annoying update which is causing problems getting logged-on here Roxy....'fraid I'm not much help.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-06-2020, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by Beki ->
Good morning. I had to look at the time to see if it was still morning. I had an early breakfast & went out before 9am. It worked, no queues and I got some Rosemary & Oregano. Will pot those later. Warm & bright but a few clouds hanging around. I haven't attended the Highland Show for a few years Roxy. It gets a bit samey if I go too regularly. I remember the days when I wouldn't miss going. Maybe next year? Another place I haven't been for years is House of Bruar. Maybe, if this virus recedes, I will visit their annual sale weekend (I think November?). No particular plans for today so will potter around in the garden and maybe even indoors. Thankfully all of the hard work in the garden is now done, but it's still a never ending task. Is May OK? I haven't seen her post for a couple of days. Enjoy your day.
Hiya Beki as You can see I'm still around,lol,...I do get a bit fed up with some of the shyte posted on the OFF sometimes,so tend to bugger-off for a few days/weeks now and then,

Page 547 of 754 « First < 47 447 497 537 545 546 547 548 549 557 597 647 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top