Join for free
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 04:16 PM

Law and Order UK

Watched my first ever episode of Law and Order UK last night, the one starring Bradley Walsh and Jeremy Bamber. It was a recording and no doubt it was based on the `kidnapping` of Shannon Matthews whereby the mother colluded with her `kidnapper` to kidnap the child and keep her hidden. A blatant attempt to gain sympathy and raise money on the back of the Maddie McCann case.

In this episode, the plot by the child's drug addict mother to kidnap her child and gain custody from her estranged husband by portraying him as an unfit parent backfired when the child had a seizure and died so her lover (revealed later) dumped the body in a skip. When caught, the lover was put on trial and sentenced to a long spell in prison and when exiting the court to be taken to the nick, the child's mother lunged forward and stabbed him to death.

She in turn was put on trial for murder but due to the sympathy the case had caused, she was only sentenced to one year in prison but released under licence. A twist in the tale came later when it was found out that the kidnapper was her lover and in collusion with the mother. She had stabbed him to stop him talking.

Now, my question is this. Does anyone remember watching this, and can you tell me how it ended? The recording finished five minutes from the end.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:02 PM

Re: Law and Order UK

Originally Posted by Judd ->
Watched my first ever episode of Law and Order UK last night, the one starring Bradley Walsh and Jeremy Bamber. It was a recording and no doubt it was based on the `kidnapping` of Shannon Matthews whereby the mother colluded with her `kidnapper` to kidnap the child and keep her hidden. A blatant attempt to gain sympathy and raise money on the back of the Maddie McCann case.

In this episode, the plot by the child's drug addict mother to kidnap her child and gain custody from her estranged husband by portraying him as an unfit parent backfired when the child had a seizure and died so her lover (revealed later) dumped the body in a skip. When caught, the lover was put on trial and sentenced to a long spell in prison and when exiting the court to be taken to the nick, the child's mother lunged forward and stabbed him to death.

She in turn was put on trial for murder but due to the sympathy the case had caused, she was only sentenced to one year in prison but released under licence. A twist in the tale came later when it was found out that the kidnapper was her lover and in collusion with the mother. She had stabbed him to stop him talking.

Now, my question is this. Does anyone remember watching this, and can you tell me how it ended? The recording finished five minutes from the end.
Sorry mate, I have seen all the Law and Order episodes but I can't remember the end to that one. What about youtube?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:28 PM

I had a look on ImDB but couldn't identify it. Jamie Bamber was only in the first few series. They're repeated all the time so look out for it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-11-2018, 11:48 PM

Originally Posted by Judd ->

Do you know the Series /Episode numbers or the episode title?

This might help you:

List of Law & Order: UK episodes

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...eries_overview
Judd
Chatterbox
West Riding of Yorkshire
Judd is male  Judd has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-11-2018, 12:32 PM

Thanks Omah, it was Series 2, Episode 2: Hidden. It isn't on YouTube (the whole series has been removed). Will have to see if there's an ITV catchup.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top