Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:17 PM

Vaccinations for animals

Once again this subject has reared it's head.

In Sundays paper it was saying that once they have finished vaccinating humans against Covid, they will be hoping to start on household pets next.

How do you feel about this?
Would you have your pet Covid vaccinated?

Personally, I strongly suspect it would be purelt a money spinner, because I bet it won't be a free vaccine for animals.

I would have no intention whatsoever of having my dogs done, even it was were free.
How do others feel about this?
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:24 PM

Re: Vaccinations for animals

Definitely not .
I don’t even like some regular dog vaccine .
My dog has leptospirosis yearly and also rabies every three years as we ( used to ) travel .
The other things he has his original shots that last three years ( say the vet ) however others say a yearly booster is not really necessary as the vaccine is good for seven or more years so he doesn’t get a booster for the other things
I don’t believe in over vaccinating it can and does cause all sorts of allergies .
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:25 PM

No way are they touching my cats!
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-06-2021, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
Definitely not .
I don’t even like some regular dog vaccine .
My dog has leptospirosis yearly and also rabies every three years as we ( used to ) travel .
The other things he has his original shots that last three years ( say the vet ) however others say a yearly booster is not really necessary as the vaccine is good for seven or more years so he doesn’t get a booster for the other things
I don’t believe in over vaccinating it can and does cause all sorts of allergies .

Absolutely agree, Muddy.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

28-06-2021, 09:28 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
No way are they touching my cats!

It does make me smile though Tabs, how everyone goes trotting off to get themself done, but we won't let them near our animals!

What do you reckon that means?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 07:58 AM

Why would you want animals vaccinated against Covid?

The World Organisation for Animal Health has confirmed that there continues to be no evidence that companion animals have spread the disease, or play a significant role in this human disease. Human outbreaks are being driven by person to person spread.

Sounds an absolutely daft idea to me.

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/coronavirus/animals
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-06-2021, 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
It does make me smile though Tabs, how everyone goes trotting off to get themself done, but we won't let them near our animals!

What do you reckon that means?
I had the choice - my cats don't. Anyway - they have not been within a whisker of anyone who has had the dreaded plague. I believe them to be completely safe and, as a responsible (hopefully) pet owner, I aim to keep them that way.

( though if a certain long tailed twit doesn't return my missing fish slice - I could change my mind!)
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire

01-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Why would you want animals vaccinated against Covid?

The World Organisation for Animal Health has confirmed that there continues to be no evidence that companion animals have spread the disease, or play a significant role in this human disease. Human outbreaks are being driven by person to person spread.

Sounds an absolutely daft idea to me.

https://www.agriculture.gov.au/coronavirus/animals

Totally agree with you, Bruce.

Apparently Covid has been found on just a few cats coats, but that is only because it has been 'wiped' there by humans who have the disease. It does NOT mean the animals have Covid themself.

I detect it's nothing more than a money spinner, and I won't be having my dogs done for anyone.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 01:36 PM

They are just discussing C19 in dogs and cats on the radio now,
...there have been cases and with the exception of a couple of cats with mild symptoms the animals have been asymptomatic.
There is no evidence of pet to human transmission.
The advice is clear, if you have tested positive for C19 observe good hygiene and don't allow you pet to lick you.

Any mention of vaccination is most probably media speculation and if there is no scare invent one .
scot37
Aberdeenshire
scot37 is male  scot37 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

01-07-2021, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
Totally agree with you, Bruce.

Apparently Covid has been found on just a few cats coats, but that is only because it has been 'wiped' there by humans who have the disease. It does NOT mean the animals have Covid themself.

I detect it's nothing more than a money spinner, and I won't be having my dogs done for anyone.
A study has shown that cats and dogs do get covid but show only mild symptons.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-57666245

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top