Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:49 PM

I have never seen...

A badger, a mole or a snake.

I go lots of country walks - often through long grass.

I was out walking with my friend once & we passed another walker. He told us 'Watch out for grass snakes down there' We were very wary but we never saw one..

Where are they hiding?
Besoeker
Chatterbox
Doncaster, UK
Besoeker is male  Besoeker has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 10:59 PM

Re: I have never seen...

Originally Posted by carol ->

I was out walking with my friend once & we passed another walker. He told us 'Watch out for grass snakes down there' We were very wary but we never saw one..

Where are they hiding?
Fair point. I have seen moles - a friend's garden had a problem with them. Grass snakes too, but not often. They are non-venous and shy. I don't think you need to worry too much about them.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:06 PM

Where are they hiding?

My brother used to keep grass snakes and slow worms when we were kids. He's always liked reptiles. Cant say i liked 'em myself, but i didnt mind the slow worms as much.

My friend has a property at Winterton in Norfolk, and there are notices all along the sea front there, to beware of Adders in the dunes!

Never seen a mole, and sadly, only see road kill badgers around here.
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:19 PM

I used to catch moles at the kennels in the dog exercise paddock. Didn't want a dog to break a leg with a foot caught in a mole hole. When we lived at Horley in Surrey adders and grass snakes were not uncommon in the woods behind us.
My next door neighbour here said he has a badger entering his back garden but I have not seen it
Tiffany
Chatterbox
Devon
Tiffany is female  Tiffany has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:25 PM

Where are they hiding?
I have had a Grass snake & a mole in the garden & I've seen badgers too & Adders, the latter used to be seen on the top road.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:25 PM

Where are they hiding?
Wow. Where are ‘you’ hiding?
Psmith
melbourne australia
Psmith is male  Psmith has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2021, 11:34 PM

Where are they hiding?
If you went down by the river you might see a badger, a mole,a rat and a toad.
keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:36 AM

If covid ever ends, try a trip to OZ. We can show you some snakes. From a safe distance.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 12:48 AM

Where are they hiding?
Gosh, I have seen all those when I was a kid. Badgers used to be quite common in an area called "The Warren" when I lived in Folkestone and we used to come across their sets when we were searching for war time wreckage.

I probably see more snakes now than when I lived in the UK (and never see badgers or moles) but an adder once crawled into some radio equipment at a GPO Radio Station I worked at and it was a bastard trying to get it out.

During my last visit to the UK I was taken to a clay pigeon shooting range and was making a lot of noise walking through long grass before I remembered that there were no snakes to worry about. What a dill!
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2021, 08:40 AM

I might have seen some mole holes in our local park recently, but not sure on that. Nope, not seen the others either, or weasels or stoats.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top