Join for free
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:20 PM

Going back in Time

I have been building a time machine in my garage for quite sometime now. You maybe asking yourself about now, for what purpose ? The answer to that question is a simple one. To go back in time and get answers to those unaswered questions about history. My thinking is, if I am in the thick of things, I will finally get to the bottom of it all.

So, where would I go ? For starters, I think I would like to go back to the early 60's and find out who really killed President John F. Kennedy ? Was it Oswald, Cuba, Russia or the mob ? More than likely it was neither. Dangerous women like that of Marilyn Monroe do have a tendency to bring men to their knees.

Once that matter was resolved, I think I would pay a visit to Hitler. I would invite the tiny man to a pub and maybe over some beer, I could find out if he really believed in a master race, reincarnation and perfection ?
And after awhile of drinking I would find out that there really was little to explore in that empty head of his and my visit to his time was just that, a totally waste of time

Leaving that dark phase of history, I would search for a more adventurous past, like the time of Columbus. I would ask this sailor of a man, was he a Spaniard or an Italian ? I think to my surprise, I would find out that he was neither. Simply a humble Knights Templar who was in possession of a secret world map that allowed him to find a new trading route to the Americas.

I will confess that my favorite historical figure has got to be DaVinci, a genius in his own right. But, leaving aside his smarts, I would like to find out why Mona Lisa had that sexy smile on her face while posing for Leonardo ? The answer was obvious, Leonardo was a dirty old man !

Philosophy is a favorite subject of mine. So, visiting the past would surely lead me to Plato. What I would like to find out is, was Plato smoking weed when he spoke of Altantis, or did he actually have proof that the sunken continent actually existed ?

Of course, one cannot venture into the past without visiting Egypt. I mean, how in God's name did they build the Pytamids, let alone move such humongous boulders ? My visit would proof once and for all, that the Egyptians were smarter than we think and for sure needed no alien assistance.

So this is my voyage to the past. Would you visit the past and if you did where would you go ? Keeping in mind, that its not important where you go in life, but being truthful is what always matters and history seems to be filled with many lies.
Docholliday
Norfolk UK
Docholliday is male  Docholliday has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:23 PM

Re: Going back in Time

Back to the Battle of Trafalgar and save Lord Nelson from the snipers bullet.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:39 PM

I would go back to a few years ago where I stumbled and dislocated a rib from my sternum (I think) that hasn't been treated as I was fobbed off with an excuse in A&E by a junior doctor. I now have a sharp bone pointing down from my chest to my stomach. I would make sure I didn't stumble this time.
Aysa
Chatterbox
UK
Aysa is female  Aysa has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:51 PM

I would go back to February the 9th 1984 and tell my boyfriend NOT to make that trip out on his motorcycle
eyes_of_a_painter
n
eyes_of_a_painter is male  eyes_of_a_painter has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by Docholliday ->
Back to the Battle of Trafalgar and save Lord Nelson from the snipers bullet.
I have a bulletproof vest I can lend you. But, knowing David that you are a man of honor, you would much more prefer to take the bullet instead
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-01-2016, 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
I would go back to a few years ago where I stumbled and dislocated a rib from my sternum (I think) that hasn't been treated as I was fobbed off with an excuse in A&E by a junior doctor. I now have a sharp bone pointing down from my chest to my stomach. I would make sure I didn't stumble this time.

Wise choice ! Why go back in time when there are issues in this lifetime that we need to take care of
eyes_of_a_painter
n

06-01-2016, 03:00 PM

Originally Posted by Aysa ->
I would go back to February the 9th 1984 and tell my boyfriend NOT to make that trip out on his motorcycle
A obvious mark in your past worth indeed taking a look at..
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 03:11 PM

I would go back to the late 60s, and encourage Tim Berners-Lee, Vinton Cerf, Robert Khan and Lawrence Roberts, to do something more useful, like going on a six month Bender.
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 03:24 PM

I have no wish to go back in time but if I could borrow your m/c to go FORWARDS in time that would prove interesting. I would like to see if the world is in a lesser or a bigger mess than it is now and to see what technological, medicinal and scientific advances have been made.
clumsy
Chatterbox
Spain
clumsy is female  clumsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-01-2016, 03:27 PM

I would like to go back far enough to see a Sabre toothed tiger, from a very safe vantage point of course. I would like to see a herd of Mammoth and other prehistoric creatures, all from a very safe viewing area.

After that I would like to go and meet Vlad the impaler to tell him that Christopher Lee was a much better Dracula than himself.

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top