Join for free
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 11:35 PM

Can Anyone Suggest a Good Vegetable Supplement?

I'm looking for something like V8 juice - low sodium or a powder I can add to a drink. I cannot have vegetables or fruit that are high in natural sugar. Thanks.
Mups
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire
Mups is female  Mups has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

04-03-2021, 11:42 PM

Re: Can Anyone Suggest a Good Vegetable Supplement?

I don't know what available in the U.S. Sage, sorry.

Have you any health shops there that you could enquire from?

Is any of this info of use?

https://www.verywellfit.com/best-greens-powders-4165389
Sage
U. S.
Sage is female  Sage has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 12:45 AM

Originally Posted by Mups ->
I don't know what available in the U.S. Sage, sorry.

Have you any health shops there that you could enquire from?

Is any of this info of use?

https://www.verywellfit.com/best-greens-powders-4165389
Thank you for the link. I just book marked it and will check out the products. I have looked up a lot of health shops online. I live in a rural setting. The nearby towns are small and don't have many options. I'll check out the brands on the list you provided.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 03:05 AM

Originally Posted by Sage ->
Thank you for the link. I just book marked it and will check out the products. I have looked up a lot of health shops online. I live in a rural setting. The nearby towns are small and don't have many options. I'll check out the brands on the list you provided.
Hi, Sage. There are a lot of supplements out there, but they don't have a lot of oversight. I am curious, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why don't you just eat more veggies?
Sage
U. S.

05-03-2021, 03:56 AM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Hi, Sage. There are a lot of supplements out there, but they don't have a lot of oversight. I am curious, and you don't have to answer if you don't want to, but why don't you just eat more veggies?
As mentioned it's hard to get a good balance relative to the blood sugar. Too many of them have a high sugar content. I have to have the right balance. I'm not diabetic. I'm hypoglycemic. It's not the hypoglycemia a diabetic gets when their blood sugar is too low. I had some allergy testing done. Any vegetable and legume that had too much sugar in it, I had a reaction to. This means I can eat very little corn, peas, round beans, etc. peanuts etc. Leafy vegetables are hard to clean. Most times when I eat them I get a form of intestinal upset.
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-03-2021, 04:36 AM

Ok. I am following you.

Look at this one: https://athleticgreens.com/us?gclid=...SAAEgIKv_D_BwE

My son was taking it for a while when he was working out a lot.
Sage
U. S.

05-03-2021, 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by Surfermom ->
Ok. I am following you.

Look at this one: https://athleticgreens.com/us?gclid=...SAAEgIKv_D_BwE

My son was taking it for a while when he was working out a lot.
Thank you. I'll check it out.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top