Join for free
Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 11:39 PM

Re: The healthy eating challenge!

Originally Posted by Meg ->
Everything I ate today was fairly healthy
it was a light day (my version of the 5-2 eating method)

Breakfast: Organic jumbo oats with a little milk,

Lunch : homemade celery/leek/ pea soup with a small homemade wholemeal bread roll ,
Stewed gooseberries.

Tea: celery/apple/ a tiny piece of cheese,
a kiwi fruit.

Tea and coffee
Meg I have two questions :

1. Are you vegetarian?
2. What is the 5-2 eating plan? is that where you eat light healthy food for 5 days and then have some yummy stuff at the weekend?

How do you stave off cravings? (sorry that's a 3rd question! )
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

17-03-2021, 11:42 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Breakfast

Full Irish - what else on St Patrick's Day!

Lunch

Leek and Potato soup with Garlic Bread - all home made.
Half a pint of Guinness

Dinner

Gammon steak with Colcannon, Carrots and Dillisk.
Double Jameson's

Maybe not the healthiest - but delicious - diet starts tomorrow!
Thanks for giving me a giggle ST and making me hungry! Happy St Paddy's day!
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

17-03-2021, 11:43 PM

By the way dare I ask what is a "full Irish" and does it include fried bread & black pudding?!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 12:08 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
Meg I have two questions :

1. Are you vegetarian?
2. What is the 5-2 eating plan? is that where you eat light healthy food for 5 days and then have some yummy stuff at the weekend?

How do you stave off cravings? (sorry that's a 3rd question! )
Hi Annie
I am an almost vegetarian ,I do eat meat occasionally.

The 5-2 (diet) was devised by Dr Michael Mosley but it is a lifestyle not a diet for me.
For 5 I days I eat what is normal for me (approx 1500 calories from healthy food I don't count every calorie ) then I eat less for 2 days.
It was originally supposed to be 800 calories for 2 days but I have about 1000 and the 2 days don't need to be together.

I don't really get cravings these days. I have been following this regime for almost 4 years . When I did I would eat some celery, a little carrot or tomato or a few almonds.
Eating healthily is no hardship for me, if I can't for some reason I crave my way of eating .

'Yummy stuff' for me is dried apricots and nuts. When I make cakes for the family I will have a little one but can live without it.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 03:04 AM

Shed the trackies & sweat pants?
Whatttt?
I wear leggings.

What did I eat that was healthy.
A big salad with lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, mushrooms, celery, spinach, red pepper, hot pepper, green olives and pickled beets sprinkled with a handful of trail mix.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 03:08 AM

Stewed gooseberries?
What are gooseberries?
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 04:59 AM

Lunch - A veggie sushi roll with carrots, cucumber, avocado, asparagus, brown rice, and nori, loads of pickled ginger, wasabi, and low sodium soy sauce.

Snack - Homemade kale chips, oven baked with first cold pressed olive oil and a little salt.

Dinner - Fire roasted poblano pepper stuffed with quinoa, garlic, carmelized onions, oyster mushrooms, roasted grape tomatoes, spices, and an asiago cheese crust. Side salad of dried cranberries, walnuts, pineapple, apple and lime. 21 grain dinner roll with avocado.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Bratti ->
Stewed gooseberries?
What are gooseberries?
Little green round hairy fruit - very delicious

http://www.joannayumyum.co.uk/wp-con...oseberries.jpg
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 07:25 AM

Reading all your healthy eating foods has made me realise how unhealthily I eat especially in lockdown...I seem to have drifted into an ...oh what the heck attitude. Ok I can do this.... today is the first day of the rest of my life.....no more pies
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

18-03-2021, 08:04 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
By the way dare I ask what is a "full Irish" and does it include fried bread & black pudding?!
Traditional full Irish is bacon, egg, sausage, white pudding, black pudding, saute potatoes, tomato, field mushrooms - all fried and served with Soda bread (fresh or toasted) and butter.

Modern (American) version sometimes includes baked beans and hash browns.

Page 2 of 17 < 1 2 3 4 12 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top