Join for free
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:03 PM

Re: No sweets/no sugar diet

I avoid anything with ADDED sugar, I see sugar as the enemy. They put sugar in so much stuff that they don't need to, even tinned soups, I never add sugar to my homemade soups.

people think yoghurt is healthy but some yoghurts have up to 20grams of sugar in them which equates to 5 teaspoons in one small pot! I eat Total yoghurt which is the lowest sugar content I've found
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-04-2021, 09:45 PM

Originally Posted by Lion Queen ->
I avoid anything with ADDED sugar, I see sugar as the enemy. They put sugar in so much stuff that they don't need to, even tinned soups, I never add sugar to my homemade soups.

people think yoghurt is healthy but some yoghurts have up to 20grams of sugar in them which equates to 5 teaspoons in one small pot! I eat Total yoghurt which is the lowest sugar content I've found
Honey IS sugar Lion Queen......

I've been eating lots of sugar all my life Lion Queen and there's now't wrong with me....
d00d
Chatterbox
London, UK
d00d is male  d00d has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Don't expect me coming round for tea anytime soon d00d...

We'll go for some ale.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:16 PM

Originally Posted by d00d ->
We'll go for some ale.
I'm not much of a drinker d00d, you might have to carry me home....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK
Lion Queen is female  Lion Queen has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

29-04-2021, 01:20 PM

Honey IS sugar Lion Queen......

I've been eating lots of sugar all my life Lion Queen and there's now't wrong with me....
I know honey is sugar but a drizzle is hardly excessive .

If you want to have sugar then you go ahead lad I said I see sugar as the enemy. I didnt mean everybody has to?

Sugar is known to cause obesity , my body doesn't need or want added sugar , natural sugars are enough for me.
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

29-04-2021, 01:24 PM

By the way foxy, honey doesn't raise blood sugars as quickly as sugar. I use honey as part of my balanced food lifestyle
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-04-2021, 01:36 PM

By the way foxy, honey doesn't raise blood sugars as quickly as sugar. I use honey as part of my balanced food lifestyle
Pulling yer wire Lion Queen.....
Lion Queen
Chatterbox
UK

29-04-2021, 01:38 PM

Pulling yer wire Lion Queen.....
Ya bloody little bugger ya!
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire

29-04-2021, 01:59 PM

Ya bloody little bugger ya!
Guilty as charged.....

Seriously though Lion Queen, it's 'Fats' that do me....

I'd been putting walnuts on my porridge for a few weeks cos I read they were good for me....At my weekly weigh in, suddenly five pound appeared from nowhere...
Which rather surprised me because I tend to eat the same diet week in week out, and my weight hardly ever alters...Sugar doesn't have the same effect. In fact I saw an experiment on the telly where these two doctors went a month, one only ate fats and protein, and the other only ate carbohydrates. At the end of the experiment, the one who only ate fats and protein was borderline diabetic. Apparently his body had forgot or stopped making insulin....
I would have thought it would have been the other way round....

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top