Join for free
Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 09:44 AM

Re: Love Songs that seem to hurt

OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 09:56 AM

Josephine was the love of my life at eighteen, until she went off with a six foot, twenty stone rugby player.... I went to sort him out, but three of his mates put paid to that little excursion. I tracked them down later one by one. I understand that two of them were able to walk again later in the year.

This song haunted me then, and still does......

bret
australia - travelling from west to east?
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 10:20 AM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Bret My wife and I have been fans of Megan Washington for years. She is a very accomplished musician - keyboardist and has written some beautiful music. She's also a lovely lady. JUst had a baby recently I hear.
good on ya keezy - yes all true - we have a current chat program over here in the west which ends with music and she came on one night all in white like a wedding dress and sang that song - magic it was
bret
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 10:27 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
ya got me there spitty - always collected this dynamic lady - those songs take me back a few eras to other loves etc

a tough act to follow!
bret
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 10:32 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Josephine was the love of my life at eighteen, until she went off with a six foot, twenty stone rugby player.... I went to sort him out, but three of his mates put paid to that little excursion. I tracked them down later one by one. I understand that two of them were able to walk again later in the year.

This song haunted me then, and still does......

yes and some people say the heart is not the organ of love - well mine's still achin after all these years!
bret
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 10:35 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
hi warleyron that one never got to me - did it to you and how?
bret
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 10:44 AM

One of my very favorite singers ever - tragic death far too young - I can sit out with a beer and cigar and just let this lady envelope me for ever - if you haven't heard her give her songs a try - you may not like all but I guess most. She puts her arms around! - again for me lost loves

keezoy
Australia
keezoy is male  keezoy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 01:29 PM

Yes!..I have one of her CDs too .."LIve at Blues Alley" or something like that. She sings "Fields of Gold"..gorgeous. Sad loss So are you in Perth?...I lived my teenage years there.
bret
bret is male 

16-05-2021, 02:02 PM

Originally Posted by keezoy ->
Yes!..I have one of her CDs too .."LIve at Blues Alley" or something like that. She sings "Fields of Gold"..gorgeous. Sad loss So are you in Perth?...I lived my teenage years there.
from time to time - I like traveling these days in a campervan as long as I can cross borders! - but son and daughter still live in Perth and I used to know it like the back of my hand. Lived near to Scarborough beach at one point - lots of skin down there!
Surfermom
Chatterbox
United States
Surfermom is female  Surfermom has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

16-05-2021, 02:14 PM

Most talented, bret and more impressive given her speech issues!

Page 2 of 11 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top