Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:07 AM

Re: Would you take a holiday abroad this year?

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
You have a private travel insurance Swimmy?

Over here we have 45 days travel insurance included in our home insurance. It even covers emergency medial flights home
Hi, yes, it comes with my Bank account, but expires on your 70th birthday.

We also had had full insurance on any travel to EU Countries. the EHIC Card.

Brexit has ended this and the new system does not offer the same benefits.

We brag about our low taxes here, but in reality they cost many a fortune.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 09:37 AM

Booked a long weekend in Iceland next month to see the volcano and have a soak in the blue lagoon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 10:58 AM

I'm tired of getting my money back from from cancelled flights and cruises, there are still some outstanding bookings to be either moved or cancelled. No way will I be booking anything for quite a while, that's if I live long enough to ever travel abroad again. Like Swim says, I'm over seventy now with heart disease, and the cost of insurance makes many destination too costly. Apart from that, our passports have expired and I don't see the point of renewing anytime soon.
OldGreyFox
Chatterbox
South Yorkshire
OldGreyFox is male  OldGreyFox has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-06-2021, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by warleyron ->
Booked a long weekend in Iceland next month to see the volcano and have a soak in the blue lagoon.
Brilliant place Ron, we were there in 2019 and visited a few places, but were on a cruise and couldn't dilly dally, would have loved to stay longer.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 12:37 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
The grey nomads are on the move?
Not just them, it's everybody and his dog.

I have never seen so many caravans on the road, the caravan parks are full and it seems to be many new and shiny vans.

Watching them attempting to reverse onto their site is an entertainment in itself

When the borders eventually reopen I suspect there will be a glut of fairly new caravans on the market but at the moment demand is outstripping supply.

My daughter's parents in law just changed their off road caravan for a smaller one, the one they bought was secondhand but only used once. Apparently the family bought it then went for a weekend trip, returned the caravan to the lot the following Monday having decided caravanning was not for them. The resulting price was still not a bargain but it was a quick sale.
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

20-06-2021, 09:50 AM

Originally Posted by OldGreyFox ->
Brilliant place Ron, we were there in 2019 and visited a few places, but were on a cruise and couldn't dilly dally, would have loved to stay longer.
Had a week there in February 2018, flew over the valley in a helicopter where the volcano is now

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top