Join for free
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 12:43 PM

Keeping the E in Elderly

There is currently a thread up about E-scooters, which is attracting some controversy. Even so, they are inline with current environmental thinking and are probably here to stay. E-bikes are also on the up, and E-cars are set to completely replace their internal combustion counterparts in the not too distant future. All things E are undeniably in the ascendance.

I, like many here, am of an age where I can easily foresee a time when none of the above modes of transport will be suitable for me. Although I do realise that some continue to drive well into their old age, even when they are not capable of doing it safely.

So what happens when we get to the point where we consider it no longer feasible, or even desirable, to whizz about on an E-scooter. Will we no longer be able to take part in the E revolution? Will it be the usual story, will we, upon reaching a certain age, cease to be a consideration?

I demand E-slippers for the elderly.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 12:49 PM

Re: Keeping the E in Elderly

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Hmm ... Toe posts with glitter bows and killer heels!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-06-2021, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
Hmm ... Toe posts with glitter bows and killer heels!
Why not, Tabby? Going E should be fun.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

30-06-2021, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
There is currently a thread up about E-scooters, which is attracting some controversy. Even so, they are inline with current environmental thinking and are probably here to stay. E-bikes are also on the up, and E-cars are set to completely replace their internal combustion counterparts in the not too distant future. All things E are undeniably in the ascendance.

I, like many here, am of an age where I can easily foresee a time when none of the above modes of transport will be suitable for me. Although I do realise that some continue to drive well into their old age, even when they are not capable of doing it safely.

So what happens when we get to the point where we consider it no longer feasible, or even desirable, to whizz about on an E-scooter. Will we no longer be able to take part in the E revolution? Will it be the usual story, will we, upon reaching a certain age, cease to be a consideration?

You already have E bah gum.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top