Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 12:50 PM

Re: Emotional Eating or Not?

I am an emotional eater and it's usually chocolate I reach for when I am stressed.
If I am seriously stressed I stop eating and run around like a blue bummed fly trying to find solutions for something I probably can't do anything about - but I have to keep on trying - it' very tiring, but I am compelled to search out every avenue for a solution to a problem. I don't know when to give up.
I should quit eating chocolate because I am overweight and can't afford to be heavy - I am only five foot one and it really shows, plus at my age I need to keep healthy and active.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 12:51 PM

I don't get down or stressed, but if I did I would go for a mince pie.

As it is though, a mince pie for me is a go to if I feel happy, or pleased, or particularly smug, or even just that I fancy a mince pie!

Guess you could say then that I quite like a mince pie, regardless of the mood or the occasion... I mean, what's not to like...
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Interesting to get a guys point of view, Keezoy. I often wonder if men do the comfort eating like women do. Do you cook anything specific, like a special dish, or just anything at all?
I have certainly done it and tend to eat junk but I find that when real showstoppers happen, I go off food completely
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

As it is though, a mince pie for me is a go to if I feel happy, or pleased, or particularly smug, or even just that I fancy a mince pie!

Guess you could say then that I quite like a mince pie, regardless of the mood or the occasion... I mean, what's not to like...
Right Now
upstate New York US
Right Now is female  Right Now has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:09 PM

When I am stressed, even for weeks at a time, I don't reach for food. I don't even think about food much.

Now I often say, if I have 5 extra pounds on me, I must be a very happy lady, else the pounds fall off. Just to catch you up on my wellbeing, I have someone else's small muffin on each side of my waist. I do wish they would take them back.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:40 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I am an emotional eater and it's usually chocolate I reach for when I am stressed.
If I am seriously stressed I stop eating and run around like a blue bummed fly trying to find solutions for something I probably can't do anything about - but I have to keep on trying - it' very tiring, but I am compelled to search out every avenue for a solution to a problem. I don't know when to give up.
I should quit eating chocolate because I am overweight and can't afford to be heavy - I am only five foot one and it really shows, plus at my age I need to keep healthy and active.
Yes, Aerolor, chocolate seems to be a go to for many people...I'm more a biscuit fan, KitKats mostly. But at 5ft 2 myself, I can't really afford to have too many of them. Nervous energy/not eating isn't that good for us either mind you but its easier said than done not to get into that mindset, eh?
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 03:42 PM

Originally Posted by Barry ->

I am a sucker for mince pies too Barry! Particularly home made ones warm from the oven
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 03:44 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I have certainly done it and tend to eat junk but I find that when real showstoppers happen, I go off food completely
Me too, LD. I find that I just cannot tolerate any food if I'm really stressed/upset, doesn't matter how tasty it seems. Its like the body shuts down to cope with whatever is going on, and diverts all the energy to the brain/emotions.
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK

26-06-2021, 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by Right Now ->
When I am stressed, even for weeks at a time, I don't reach for food. I don't even think about food much.

Now I often say, if I have 5 extra pounds on me, I must be a very happy lady, else the pounds fall off. Just to catch you up on my wellbeing, I have someone else's small muffin on each side of my waist. I do wish they would take them back.
Well, muffins are to be shared really, aren't they?!
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-06-2021, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
I am a sucker for mince pies too Barry! Particularly home made ones warm from the oven
I make my own Pixie, and if I say so myself they are some of the finest I have tasted, but I prefer mine straight from the freezer, you really should try it...

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top