Join for free
Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 07:41 AM

Re: Salads

Originally Posted by Kazz ->
I like salad, as Lion Queen has said I chop my lettuce now add watercress tomatoes, cucumber, onion spring or red, balsamic dressing, then add capers, sweet peppers, green olives all from jars so they last a few salads. Then add either boiled egg, ham, tinned salmon (whatever is to hand) in the way of a Sunday roast joint. I add rice and cold new potato as well in fact making myself hungry now.
And me - I am drooling on my keyboard!
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

10-07-2021, 08:57 AM

One of my favourite salads is tuna, baby potatoes and kidney beans with lots of chopped salad veg, whatever I have in the fridge, e.g. salad leaves, cucumber, spring onions, celery, peppers, cooked cold green beans and/or mangetout, beetroot, avocado. Maybe some tomatoes, but can do without. Mix the whole lot up, stir in some pine nuts and sprinkle with a lovely dressing.

Gosh, it's not quite 9 am and my mouth is watering at the thought of this - haven't even had breakfast yet , haha.
DianneWoollie
Deux Sevres. S W France
DianneWoollie is female  DianneWoollie has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-07-2021, 07:57 PM

We like a Salad when the weather is warm...It is a good mix of the usual mix of Lettuce, Cucumber, Red Onions, Parma Ham cut into small pieces Beetroot, New Potatoes minted and butter, Crusty Bread...Then it has to have Cheese and a Main Filler...Cornish Pasty or Chicken we prefer.
Just think how much time you can save if you like Cornish Pastry, Spaghetti Bolognese, Lasagna....4 Meals that are all minced based and all need onions and carrots.some herbs and salt/pepper..
So batch cook and freeze...pack up in containers in equal sizes for your meals...You'll soon get use to the amounts. We have a lot of carrots in our mixes but you can vary to your tastes.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 12:53 AM

It's funny isn't it, how you can eat a spag bog and feel totally stuffed, yet still have room for a salad and pudding.... I think perhaps there are different compartments in our stomachs for these side dishes. Or a bit like one of those suitcases that has that hidden second zip you can loosen when over full.
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
It's funny isn't it, how you can eat a spag bog and feel totally stuffed, yet still have room for a salad and pudding.... I think perhaps there are different compartments in our stomachs for these side dishes. Or a bit like one of those suitcases that has that hidden second zip you can loosen when over full.
I'm the opposite Annie. I could eat the whole salad section from the supermarket but still have room for a bacon sandwich.
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I'm the opposite Annie. I could eat the whole salad section from the supermarket but still have room for a bacon sandwich.
That explains a lot!
Rockchick
Lancs UK
Rockchick is female 

18-07-2021, 09:07 AM

Originally Posted by Ullabi ->
We often have salad as a light evening meal. Greek salad is a favourite but it has to be with real Feta cheese made from sheep and goat’s milk not your imitation rubbish like Apetina made from cow’s milk. Alternatively we exchange the Feta for fried Halloumi.
Have you ever tried Yorkshire feta ( called Fettle) it’s gorgeous
https://www.shepherdspurse.co.uk/pro...12193896956027

Page 4 of 4 « First < 2 3 4

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top