Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:04 PM

I literally hate this

Does anyone else use the speak to type function on their computer? I use it all the time when googling something. I have become convinced that my computer doesn't understand English. I pronounce slowly, enunciating carefully. Then I look at the screen and tell the computer "That's not what I said at all, in fact where and how did you get that rubbish from what I said." I quit using it because I tend to start yelling at the mic on 3rd or 4th try. as if that would actually help. Just wondering if other people have idiot computers when it comes to voice typing.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:11 PM

Re: I literally hate this

Originally Posted by Danny ->
Just wondering if other people have idiot computers when it comes to voice typing.
I'm not sure a witness to the scenario you have just described would be left with the impression that the computer is an idiot.
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:17 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
I'm not sure a witness to the scenario you have just described would be left with the impression that the computer is an idiot.
Very true, but I have a bad habit of expecting things to operate the way they should. Silly expectation I know. At least my phone understands me.
Donkeyman
Chatterbox
Melton,United Kingdom
Donkeyman is male  Donkeyman has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:54 PM

Does anyone else use the speak to type function on their computer? I use it all the time when googling something. I have become convinced that my computer doesn't understand English. I pronounce slowly, enunciating carefully. Then I look at the screen and tell the computer "That's not what I said at all, in fact where and how did you get that rubbish from what I said." I quit using it because I tend to start yelling at the mic on 3rd or 4th try. as if that would actually help. Just wondering if other people have idiot computers when it comes to voice typing.
Do you have arthritis or something Danny ??

Donkeyman! 🤔🤔
Longdogs
Chatterbox
SW England
Longdogs is male  Longdogs has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:59 PM

I don't use it on my laptop but I have recently started using it on my phone. It has taken over a year for me to notice the function was there. On my phone, it works perfectly and understands what I ask it.
Percy Vere
Wilds and woolly wastes of Staffordshire, UK
Percy Vere is male  Percy Vere has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 03:59 PM

I tried to use that system on my old laptop but I couldn't get it to work correctly so, I gave up. I thought it might have been something to do with my Black Country/West Midlands accent.
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:00 PM

I have a bad habit of expecting things to operate the way they should.
Yet your hands seem to be exempt from that expectation.
pauline3
Chatterbox
Hampshire UK
pauline3 is female  pauline3 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:05 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
I don't use it on my laptop but I have recently started using it on my phone. It has taken over a year for me to notice the function was there. On my phone, it works perfectly and understands what I ask it.

Have you tried speaking to google.

She’s as mad as a hatter, plus she told me she listens in to people’s conversations 😂🤣..

She’s never rude,😂
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:26 PM

Originally Posted by Longdogs ->
Obviously.....its been listening to you chatting for a year.
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

06-07-2021, 04:28 PM

..Then I look at the screen and tell the computer "That's not what I said at all, in fact where and how did you get that rubbish from what I said."
I'll bet it types that bit perfectly.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top