Join for free
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:45 PM

Re: Is Boris bored with covid??

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
As much as I dislike the man, I must say that trying to lead a country during a pandemic, can't be easy. I'll not be sorry to see him gone though. Our First Minister is still being very cautious (not a fan of her either, really, due to her constant barrage of Independence talk) but at least she isn't all gung ho, up and at 'em like Boris is.
I'm not a fan of Sturgeon either (nor Boris come to that) .... but I think she's handled it far better.
She's been good infront of the camera with her updates and unlike Boris who waffles on, leaving you wondering what he's actually said, she's to the point , no messin.

I understand that in Scotland the wearing of masks in shops and on public transport is set to continue past July 19th.

A wise move .
Pixie Knuckles
Chatterbox
Scotland, UK
Pixie Knuckles is female  Pixie Knuckles has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-07-2021, 10:51 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
I'm not a fan of Sturgeon either (nor Boris come to that) .... but I think she's handled it far better.
She's been good infront of the camera with her updates and unlike Boris who waffles on, leaving you wondering what he's actually said, she's to the point , no messin.

I understand that in Scotland the wearing of masks in shops and on public transport is set to continue past July 19th.

A wise move .
Yes, Morticia - August 9th for us as far as lifting restrictions goes, but we are still being advised to be responsible and wear masks etc. I admit, her daily updates were handled very well, and I followed them each day during first lockdown. But then like everyone else I suppose, I got "news weary" and fell away from it.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

09-07-2021, 02:49 PM

Boris Johnson blasted for not wearing mask in back of his car after England game

https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/politi...aring-24490682

The Prime Minister was snapped leaving Wembley Stadium without a covering in the back of his ministerial Range Rover despite his driver, security detail and even wife Carrie masking up.

Pictures taken on Wednesday night show him wearing an England shirt under a suit jacket in the back seat with Mrs Johnson, as his four-car convoy leaves the ground with police outriders.

Labour blasted the Prime Minister's gaffe, claiming it showed “he has never taken this pandemic seriously” and has “no common sense”.

Until July 19, face masks are required by law in taxis and private hire cars in England - with £200 fines for failing to wear one without an exemption.

It’s thought there is a loophole for chauffeur-driven ministerial cars - which would mean Mr Johnson did not break the law.

But government guidance still urges people who share a car to protect themselves and others by “asking the driver and passengers to wear a face covering”.

And Mr Johnson was snapped hours after telling MPs that - even after July 19 - “it is common sense for people in confined spaces to wear a face mask, out of respect and courtesy to others”.
BJ does what BJ wants .....

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top