Join for free
Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:03 PM

Re: I don’t like football

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
Did some rough nasty council estate oik kick you on the pitch?
No, far from that, I used to live on a council estate (there's nothing wrong with that) also I am not and never was a 'council estate oik'. In short it was the 'tribal' fighting by so-called 'supporters' that prevented many from taking their families to watch football, plus now the way some so-called 'fans' cannot behave themselves, they have to make abusive comments etc. As usual it's the minority spoiling it for the majority. It used to be a sport for goodness sake, whatever happened to sportsmanship!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 01:11 PM

Originally Posted by Vlad ->
What a load of tosh!
Perhaps, but why is it that, just after a woman footballer has taken a shot at goal from, say, just outside the penalty area, I have to wait for about half an hour for the ball to arrive at the goal?!

Even worse when they take corners. I usually go out and do my shopping while the ball is flying through the air on its way to the six yard box. When I arrive home a couple of hours later, I switch the TV back on to see what's happening in the six yard box after that same corner was taken!
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:17 PM

Originally Posted by UkGameCoder ->
Perhaps, but why is it that, just after a woman footballer has taken a shot at goal from, say, just outside the penalty area, I have to wait for about half an hour for the ball to arrive at the goal?!

Even worse when they take corners. I usually go out and do my shopping while the ball is flying through the air on its way to the six yard box. When I arrive home a couple of hours later, I switch the TV back on to see what's happening in the six yard box after that same corner was taken!
Why do you watch it if you have such disdain for it?
Baz46
Somewhere rural 'out in the sticks', UK
Baz46 is male  Baz46 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:22 PM

Originally Posted by Harbal ->
Is it very important to have the opportunity to express it? I don't find that failing to express my distaste for something inhibits my ability to dislike it.
No, not that important as I doubt I have expressed that opinion more than half a dozen times in the last 50 years, I still dislike football though. My opinion is no less valid for that, neither is your's when it is the exact opposite of mine. "Everybody to their own" as the saying goes!
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 01:24 PM

Why do you watch it if you have such disdain for it?
Eh? I don't have a disdain for it. As I said, I don't mind women's football, but I think it would be much better if was faster.

I was just exaggerating and joking around in the passage you quoted! Thought that would have been obvious!
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:24 PM

A tip…and I know it’s radical but bear with me….Don’t watch women’s football! ok?
Vlad
West Midlands UK
Vlad is male  Vlad has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by Baz46 ->
No, far from that, I used to live on a council estate (there's nothing wrong with that) also I am not and never was a 'council estate oik'. In short it was the 'tribal' fighting by so-called 'supporters' that prevented many from taking their families to watch football, plus now the way some so-called 'fans' cannot behave themselves, they have to make abusive comments etc. As usual it's the minority spoiling it for the majority. It used to be a sport for goodness sake, whatever happened to sportsmanship!
I think non-contact draughts might be the game for you, or diving?
Harbal
South Yorkshire
Harbal is male  Harbal has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

11-07-2021, 01:30 PM

I was just exaggerating and joking around in the passage you quoted! Thought that would have been obvious!
I'm trying to behave a bit more tactfully today, so I didn't mention what was obvious to me about your comments.
UkGameCoder
UK
UkGameCoder is male 

11-07-2021, 01:36 PM

... I didn't mention what was obvious to me about your comments.
And they upset you?

I've told you before, lighten up. You take things too seriously.
Harbal
South Yorkshire

11-07-2021, 01:43 PM

And they upset you?

I've told you before, lighten up. You take things too seriously.

I honestly can't imagine on what grounds you think I take you at all seriously.

Page 3 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top