Join for free
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:05 AM

Brown or Red?

Hi

Sauce that is.

I always used to be red, but now have a taste for brown on my bacon and egg sandwiches.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:09 AM

Re: Brown or Red?

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sauce that is.

I always used to be red, but now have a taste for brown on my bacon and egg sandwiches.
Tomato is the go to sauce here but my daughter in law has to have BBQ Sauce, personally I can't go past HP.
Bathsheba
Devon, UK
Bathsheba is female  Bathsheba has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:14 AM

I wouldn't like either sauce on a bacon and egg sandwich. Mr B would choose brown sauce - he always dribbles it directly onto the egg white on the rare occasions we have fried eggs with anything. I just feel that it would totally overwhelm the delicate flavour of an egg, so it's a total no-no for me.

Love a bit of tomato ketchup in a fish finger sandwich though
Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:19 AM

I don't like bought tomato sauce - make my own - and usually have it in/on pasta dishes.

For bacon/sausage sandwiches and for chips - I am with Bruce - has to be HP - but only if it is from a glass bottle. (Sainsbury's still sell it that way)
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:33 AM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

Sauce that is.

OK never have I felt like more of a Yank. I guess that red sauce is ketchup. What the hell is brown sauce and HP?
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by Danny ->
OK never have I felt like more of a Yank. I guess that red sauce is ketchup. What the hell is brown sauce and HP?
Brown sauce

HP:

Silver Tabby
Chatterbox
God's own county!
Silver Tabby is female  Silver Tabby has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by Danny ->

I really don't why people have started to refer to sauces by colour rather than content - it seems by the 'in' thing in most cafes now.

However - Yes - red is usually Tomato Ketchup - this explains the brown/HP

https://www.hpsauce.co.uk/
Danny
Denver, CO
Danny is male  Danny has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-07-2021, 09:45 AM

Originally Posted by Bruce ->
Brown sauce

HP:

OK. Thanks Bruce. Do they sell A1 or Lea & Perrins, both are what we call steak sauce, Like HP.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia

14-07-2021, 09:49 AM

Originally Posted by Silver Tabby ->
I really don't why people have started to refer to sauces by colour rather than content - it seems by the 'in' thing in most cafes now.

However - Yes - red is usually Tomato Ketchup - this explains the brown/HP

https://www.hpsauce.co.uk/
Ketchup?? What the...

It's Tomato SAUCE
Danny
Denver, CO

14-07-2021, 09:50 AM

I have strayed away from "sauces" as of late and more of a Mustard person. Not plain yellow mustard, but hot and spicy, honey, Habanero, Horse Radish. Still occasionally use ketchup, but have outgrown the taste of BBQ sauce.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top