Join for free
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 11:11 AM

How Many Wars are Going on Right Now?

Just a question I'd like you to think about....

Off the top of your head, how many wars do you think the United States is involved in right now?

I'll give you a little clue... Whatever you thought it was, double that number.

At least......

http://www.mintpressnews.com/us-now-...4-wars/196846/

The answer is 134 wars....

Isn't that terrible?

Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 11:21 AM

Re: How Many Wars are Going on Right Now?

There are always wars somewhere Han just as there will always be greed, a wish for power and those who have little regard for their fellow humans.

I wonder sometimes what would happen if we got rid of all religions (and yes I know some who follow them are decent and good) removing one reason for war makers to hide behind .

A new belief that this life is all there is and ever will be so we had better make the best of it rather than throwing it away believing some notion of 'a better afterlife ' may serve to concentrate a few minds .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 01:01 PM

I have lost count who is on each others sides too so not just how many wars but which side is everyone on
As for religion I just wish people would not use it to justify their badness.
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 01:08 PM

Hi

If we abolished all Religion humans would still find something else to fight over.

I think it is more about power, vanity and arrogance amongst Politicians than Religion.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 01:45 PM

Originally Posted by swimfeeders ->
Hi

If we abolished all Religion humans would still find something else to fight over.

I think it is more about power, vanity and arrogance amongst Politicians than Religion.
Yes I agree SF and of course not all wars are related to religion but for those that are, without a label to hide behind some leaders would have to give another reason for their warmongering and the ones I consider to be misguided souls who follow them might think twice if there is no one to convince them of better things to come.
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 01:51 PM

Usually the religion is an excuse for fighting over land or resources so take away the religion you just have greed and for some a fight for survival.
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

25-10-2015, 01:53 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Usually the religion is an excuse for fighting over land or resources so take away the religion you just have greed and for some a fight for survival.
...and bit of honesty Julie
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 02:00 PM

Certain people / governments make a lot of money from wars and always have done.

Funnily enough the double standards of capitalist countries is probably the main reason so many are becoming religious in an effort to lead a different life free from duality.

Lets face it our approach to various aspects of life stinks.
Emjay
Chatterbox
London UK
Emjay is male  Emjay has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 02:09 PM

It's not all about religion, what about the drug wars?
Gangs against other gangs for territory. Religion will not stop that.
Hanfonius
North Wales
Hanfonius is male  Hanfonius has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

25-10-2015, 02:57 PM

Wow! It didn't take very long for the word 'religion' to be introduced into this thread.

To me, the incredible fact is that the USA is directly involved in all of these 134 wars. How many other wars, or mini-wars are there where the USA is not represented?

How many of these wars are financed and equipped by the bigger powers?
As MKJ mentions above, the economies of the arms supplying countries are benefitting from the abject miseries in the smaller warring countries.

Religion? Can anybody here imagine the French or the Chinese sending a boat load of arms out to a poor African country with a prayer that peace may result?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top