Join for free
Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 06:27 PM

Re: Robin Gibbs

Originally Posted by Willow ->
What I don't understand is why the death of a celeb is a big deal? I am sure it is sad for their family of course, but why would others, who have never met them, regret their death anymore than one would regret the death of any stranger?
I think it's because he touched many of our lives in a good way over many decades, the Bee Gee's music was always a joy to hear and formed a backdrop to many events in many of our lives, and for that I, personally, will hold both he and his brothers with affectionate memories..
Mags
Supervisor
South West UK
Mags is female  Mags has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think it's because he touched many of our lives in a good way over many decades, the Bee Gee's music was always a joy to hear and formed a backdrop to many events in many of our lives, and for that I, personally, will hold both he and his brothers with affectionate memories..
I agree with you completely, Barry
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 07:44 PM

What I don't understand is why the death of a celeb is a big deal? I am sure it is sad for their family of course, but why would others, who have never met them, regret their death anymore than one would regret the death of any stranger?
I don't look at it that way Willow. For me it is the end of an era in music, as well as the death of a gentle, talented man - The fact that he was a celeb. is incidental and it matters not that I did not know him, I did know the music and derived much pleasure from it. - The music and songs of a man and his brothers that I took with me and enjoyed through my younger years is what is important. He was of my age and the music and memories of his time have significance in my life. So I say thank you Robin Gibb and the Bee Gees. I will acknowleldge your passing with sadness because your music and creativitiy was a part of my youth, for which I am grateful.
Berxer
Chatterbox
S.Wales, UK
Berxer is female  Berxer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 09:27 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I don't look at it that way Willow. For me it is the end of an era in music, as well as the death of a gentle, talented man - The fact that he was a celeb. is incidental and it matters not that I did not know him, I did know the music and derived much pleasure from it. - The music and songs of a man and his brothers that I took with me and enjoyed through my younger years is what is important. He was of my age and the music and memories of his time have significance in my life. So I say thank you Robin Gibb and the Bee Gees. I will acknowleldge your passing with sadness because your music and creativitiy was a part of my youth, for which I am grateful.
Good post, I echo that completely

R.I.P. Robin
Kitty
London
Kitty is female  Kitty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

21-05-2012, 09:57 PM

An incredible talent and a sad loss after such a brave battle.

Condolences to his family and friends. RIP Robin
Lady Angler
Lancashire
Lady Angler is female  Lady Angler has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 07:24 AM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->

Exactly Aerolor.................That sums it up........Thankyou.

R.I.P Robin.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-05-2012, 08:05 AM

Oh well each to their own thoughts on the subject. Only the death of a close family member, whom I loved, would have any emotional impact on me, but there you go.
Barry
Chatterbox
North Notts
Barry is male  Barry has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 08:51 AM

Oh well each to their own thoughts on the subject. Only the death of a close family member, whom I loved, would have any emotional impact on me, but there you go.
I think it's a matter of proportion Willow. We can feel sadness for others at any time without knowing them personally, victims of disasters and tragedies for example that you can empathise with, it's called human compassion and doesn't necessarily have to be hysterical, just a sense of sadness for lives now gone, that we can somehow relate to...
anniemuldoon
N Cumbria
anniemuldoon is female  anniemuldoon has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-05-2012, 11:42 AM

RIP Robin GIbb,he seemed a nice quiet man and he was very talented,also he came from Manchester.
Willow
UK
Willow is female 

22-05-2012, 01:27 PM

Originally Posted by plantman ->
I think it's a matter of proportion Willow. We can feel sadness for others at any time without knowing them personally, victims of disasters and tragedies for example that you can empathise with, it's called human compassion and doesn't necessarily have to be hysterical, just a sense of sadness for lives now gone, that we can somehow relate to...
I am sorry if people die in tragic circumstances, but it doesn't touch me emotionally unless I am personally involved, which thank goodness I haven't been so far. Fortunately none of my family members have died young, so I have had no grief at their deaths. I hope that continues to be the case, it would be awful if I outlived any of the younger generation.

Page 2 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top