Join for free
Page 49 of 52 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:21 PM

Re: Jerusalem

Like tends to attract like on this thread. Read it all and you'll find more (from both sides).

From an 'alleged' witch which seems to be the standard here ... that and broom jockey.
Always nice to see some other members adding their input though.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:26 PM

Originally Posted by Morticia ->
Intermission from Debate.
Apologies. I can't resist.

annie we won we won we won annie we won!!!!

( Original copyright holder. Gumbud. Yesterday 12.09 PM.)
Yes ... I nicked it. Spoils of war.
OMG - not sure which one now? but I am mortified ;mortitified as Ken Diddly Dodd would have said ; mortise and tenoned as the great carpenter in the sky would say - mort you've been morphed again!!

Mort you can take me as your 'spoils of war' anytime !

OMG did I really say that??
Aerolor
Chatterbox
UK
Aerolor is female  Aerolor has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:33 PM

Like tends to attract like on this thread. Read it all and you'll find more (from both sides).

From an 'alleged' witch which seems to be the standard here ... that and broom jockey.
Always nice to see some other members adding their input though.
I have been watching this thread quite closely. IMO it will likely go on and on until folks have collapsed from verbal diarrhoea. I keep watching from a distance, but also keep washing my hands.
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:34 PM

and in closing the requiem perhaps?

this is by no means a simple discussion/debate whatever on the situation facing Israelis and Palestinians and the rest of us.

some of us are debating this from a deeply religious viewpoint; others an historical one ; others a humanistic one; others an atheistic one - and we of course will continue to debate from these standpoints unstintingly.

We will not and cannot change our stance and thus have now reached an impasse - there is no point in going back nor any ability to go forward for we have become intractable to a fine degree.

Amen and goodnight!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England
Morticia is female  Morticia has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 12:39 PM

Yeh ... I can go along with that.
Differing views have made for a good discussion ... a bit lively at times but it's better to hear what everyone thinks and has to say. Certainly more interesting.

However, doubtless it will go on as long as the hostilities in the ME will so I'm not going to hold my breath until the next chapter, for obvious reasons.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 02:18 PM

The first Zionists settlers started buying land over a hundred years ago .
They bought land legally from the Arab owners .
Often this land was poor and therefore it was sparsely populated so hardly anyone was displaced as such land was not considered to be worth very much.
12.5 % of the land that went to make up the State of Israel was already owned by Jews .
So as the Palestinians claim it all that presumably means the land that has been already paid for as well.
They could have been satisfied with the Arab land they were granted built up their state and shared in the prosperity of Israel .
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

26-05-2018, 03:39 PM

Director's Cut Two.
Same scene. Different camera angle.

It is accurate that Jews, as individuals, were already buying land , legally owned it and settled upon it.
This , of course, is prior to the founding of the State of Israel ... which required the partitioning of Palestine.

Had the Israeli's been satisfied with the territory they were allocated the term 'occupied territories' would never have come into usage.
Most of the criticism of Israel's policies revolves around this issue of illegal land acquisition for settlers. It's called expansionism.

Would Palestinians and Israeli's still have fought as they do today if the original Borders had been honoured?
Possibly yes, if their antipathy was less to do with land occupation and more ingrained in mutual antipathy.

Not unlike North and South Korea .... it would have resulted in a Border between them. Never to be crossed by either side. Ruled independently by each.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 03:45 PM

Please ... allow me to descend to your level for one moment.
Homer ... go change your underpants. I can't take you seriously when you thrust your paltry assets out in your Y-fronts.
Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
What a stupid comment.
I won't say she's thick, but she thinks my avatar is a true representation of my appearance.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-05-2018, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by Aerolor ->
I have been watching this thread quite closely. IMO it will likely go on and on until folks have collapsed from verbal diarrhoea. I keep watching from a distance, but also keep washing my hands.
Wise woman!
Morticia
Chatterbox
England

26-05-2018, 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
I won't say she's thick, but she thinks my avatar is a true representation of my appearance.
JBR ...you're bored or you're trying to derail the thread again.

Remind me ... I'm the one you class as a witch ... and you join in the chuckle club about broomsticks and broom jockey's and bookends.

The one you also boast on the forum that you ignore.
Grow up.

And you can call me thick if you like ... many better people than you have done it before.
But of course, silly me .. you won't see this as I'm on Ignore and you'd rather chat about me rather than to me.

* Sniggers and walks off*

Page 49 of 52 « First < 39 47 48 49 50 51 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top