Join for free
realspeed
Chatterbox
South coast
realspeed is male  realspeed has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

05-10-2017, 09:08 PM

just fitted replacement USB3 ports

Just got the new computer part and fitted in a few minuites. Took about 9 day to get from Germany

So now I have back the 2x USB3 ports and 2 plugs for sound (which I don't use)

In reality there is nothing really hard in replacing computer parts or even building one. Already upped the amount of RAM -more powerful power unit- fitted quieter cooling fans- SSD (solid state Drive) against a hard disk drive and now the above oh and a quiet CD/DVD player unit.

Even with laptops and watching how to on youtube many parts can be replaced, I did a touchpad replacement on Sues Apple Mac thingy

What can make it difficult is getting the right replacement parts lot harder with older computers.

I messed up ordering the what I now think was a wrong part when I removed the broken one and checked serial Number, although it could well have been ok but best to get a direct one for one replacement

WE tend to think of computers (desktops) as something only a genius can work on.
Where as the knowledge is in the programs and fault finding when something goes wrong.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top