Join for free
Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:49 PM

Re: Not easy being American with Trump

No, getting thrown into something where there is no answer, but, no one else want a hot pot
CoffeeCake
Northamptonshire
CoffeeCake is female  CoffeeCake has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
More like a goosestep?
Are your insulting one liners really necessary AnnieS? There are two on this page alone. Comparisons to Isis or Hitler’s Third Reich are not making a point or presenting an argument, they are offensive.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:08 PM

Originally Posted by CoffeeCake ->
Are your insulting one liners really necessary AnnieS? There are two on this page alone. Comparisons to Isis or Hitler’s Third Reich are not making a point or presenting an argument, they are offensive.
Hitler's third reich? Why not Stalin's Soviet Union or Mao's China?

Perhaps you should question why you find such comparisons offensive instead of curtailing my freedom of expression which is perfectly apt in this instance. Charismatic leaders with popular message can change the course of history. That's a fact.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

07-08-2019, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
No, getting thrown into something where there is no answer, but, no one else want a hot pot
Lamb?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 07:57 AM

Hitler's third reich? Why not Stalin's Soviet Union or Mao's China?

Perhaps you should question why you find such comparisons offensive instead of curtailing my freedom of expression which is perfectly apt in this instance. Charismatic leaders with popular message can change the course of history. That's a fact.
The only common ground between Shicklgruber on the one hand and Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot to mention but a few, is mass killing.

But even that has a twist. The Nazis engaged in industrial means with the intent of wiping out an entire face of people.

But then, for the passive Jew haters none of that matters eh?
summer
Chatterbox
yorkshire
summer is female  summer has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 08:13 AM

He doesn't speak that political speak....you know the 'let me be completely open and transparent about this' type of speak when all the time you know that's not going to happen....People are used to that nonsense from our politicians.....

Trump doesn't do that he hasn't learnt that in business he is a salesman ....so he tells it as it is but....tries to still get the sale by dressing it up a bit.... Doesn't always work.
tarantula
Chatterbox
UK
tarantula is female  tarantula has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 08:33 AM

I am so very grateful I don't live in the US where the president is an evil racist, guns are supreme, and many of the Christians are crazy extremists.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

08-08-2019, 08:34 AM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
The only common ground between Shicklgruber on the one hand and Stalin, Mao, Pol Pot to mention but a few, is mass killing.
Not sure about Pol Pot but the others were charismatic leaders who said what people wanted to hear and gave them a taste of what they dreamt of to make them hungry for more. In Russia Stalin is still revered by many. What starts off as a seemingly good thing while gradually eroding civil liberties. People don't mind losing freedom so much when they get a little of what they always wanted.
Bratti
Chatterbox
Canada
Bratti is female  Bratti has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 08:42 AM

Having observed him for this recent time, it seems he pretends to not understand. That makes it easier for him to just do his own thing. It's a narcissist mentality but it works really well for those whose buttons he presses.
I agree.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

08-08-2019, 08:48 AM

Originally Posted by tarantula ->
I am so very grateful I don't live in the US where the president is an evil racist, guns are supreme, and many of the Christians are crazy extremists.
I see nothing wrong with this POTUS. He is the least worst for many decades.

Page 4 of 15 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 14 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top