Join for free
Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »
swimfeeders
Chatterbox
Shropshire
swimfeeders is male  swimfeeders has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:22 AM

Re: 3yr fishing deal???

Originally Posted by Bread ->
Nope.

Read the UK fisheries bill. Stop making things up
Hi

We have different views of the reality of the situation.

Fisheries are completely devolved.
Reality1
Scotland
Reality1 is male  Reality1 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:29 AM

Nope.

Read the UK fisheries bill. Stop making things up
What so you think the English will be plundering our fish stocks? Nice one Bread! More ammo.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:46 AM

Originally Posted by Reality1 ->
What so you think the English will be plundering our fish stocks? Nice one Bread! More ammo.
Scotland would sell its territorial waters to the EU.

The UK fisheries bill is something you should read and understand.

You clearly don't.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 11:53 AM

Regarding U.K. fishing waters, can I just mention that actually most of them are Scottish waters! Thank you.
Largely Shetland/Orkney waters which, in the case of Scottish independence, are likely to be allied with English waters!

Irrelevant, because I'm sure that Scotland would not vote for independence from the UK, or if they did they'd soon be coming back begging to rejoin England!
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:07 PM

It makes me laugh when the SNP supporters pretend that Scotland is presently independent from the UK.

How do you feel about the Barnett Formula?
I assume that you would, given the chance, refuse to accept the payments!
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 12:41 PM

No they aren't. They are UK waters which will he regionally managed under the UK fisheries bill
Sadly ScotsNats never were much for the truth.

Regarding the link I posted earlier it should be noted that it was regarding conservation - and specifically in UK Overseas Territories (so nothing to do with Scotland, Reality1) :

"UK exceeds target of protecting 4 million sq km of ocean in the Overseas Territories"
In fact with the latest Marine Protection Zone the UK has created protected waters for over 1% of the entire world's oceans.
That is one hell of an acheivement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/w...d-ocean-target
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-11-2020, 12:58 PM

Originally Posted by Zaphod ->
Sadly ScotsNats never were much for the truth.

Regarding the link I posted earlier it should be noted that it was regarding conservation - and specifically in UK Overseas Territories (so nothing to do with Scotland, Reality1) :

"UK exceeds target of protecting 4 million sq km of ocean in the Overseas Territories"
In fact with the latest Marine Protection Zone the UK has created protected waters for over 1% of the entire world's oceans.
That is one hell of an acheivement.

https://www.gov.uk/government/news/w...d-ocean-target
Yes, I read that. It appears that we are an example to the world!

As for Scottish independence, I don't think it will ever happen. The vociferous Scots like to whinge and shout about Scotland becoming independent, but if push came to shove I'm absolutely sure that the majority of Scots would vote once again, in a future 'once in a generation'(!) referendum, to remain in the UK.

Even if they did vote for, and achieve independence, that would be to everyone's benefit (except for the Scots!).
Zaphod
Lincs UK
Zaphod is male  Zaphod has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
Yes, I read that. It appears that we are an example to the world!

As for Scottish independence, I don't think it will ever happen. The vociferous Scots like to whinge and shout about Scotland becoming independent, but if push came to shove I'm absolutely sure that the majority of Scots would vote once again, in a future 'once in a generation'(!) referendum, to remain in the UK.

Even if they did vote for, and achieve independence, that would be to everyone's benefit (except for the Scots!).
As a Scot myself I agree with that.

The loudest Scots in places like this are always the ScotsNats; the average, sensible Scot doesn't usually need to have much of a say because the ScotsNats do a great job of proving how unlikely their arguments are when they - as usual - deceive, misdirect and exaggerate.
Bread
Chatterbox
Sudbury, United Kingdom
Bread is male  Bread has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-11-2020, 01:56 PM

The SNP were always dead against EU membership in the 80s.

Wonder why they changed their minds ....

At some point they need to realise that 70% of their COVID funding was provided by Westminster.
Zaphod
Lincs UK

14-11-2020, 02:26 PM

The SNP were always dead against EU membership in the 80s.

Wonder why they changed their minds ....

At some point they need to realise that 70% of their COVID funding was provided by Westminster.
Have you notice the ScotsNats reluctance to put this carp in the place it belongs; a thread of its own? And instead stir the shizzle accross multiple threads with stuff irrelevant to the thread just to put a ScotNat spoke in?

That is the tactics of the SNP and the ScotsNat.

Distract, misinform and try to create division in the desperate hope that they can so sway public opinion south of the border that they get another bite of the cherry, even though they still do not have the comfortable majority they really need at home.

It's sickening.

Page 7 of 10 « First < 5 6 7 8 9 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top