Join for free
Page 5 of 57 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:24 PM

Re: Coronavirus: Third wave will 'wash up on our shores', warns Johnson

As I said a few posts ago, let's wait and see whether Boris goes back on his ending of lockdown!

He's certainly not the PM I at first thought he was.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:39 PM

Originally Posted by Pixie Knuckles ->
Oh more than likely...I mean, India have only been suffering harshly with it for the last 6 months or so.....and flocks of people have been coming back and forth from India, so clearly there would be no correlation!
So much for "Useless" Patel's border controls .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK
JBR is male  JBR has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 07:56 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
So much for "Useless" Patel's border controls .....
Patel, like Boris, has been a disappointment to me after having expected great things from her.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 08:04 PM

Originally Posted by JBR ->
As I said a few posts ago, let's wait and see whether Boris goes back on his ending of lockdown!

He's certainly not the PM I at first thought he was.
I have to say that it takes guts to listen to medical advice and implement unpopular policies against the tide of mass opposition. Boris at least learns from his mistakes rather than repeat them by bowing to what must be great pressure.

Nobody can criticise the strength of the British vaccination programme. This was in fact the brain child of Matt Hancock although Boris gets credit as he is the PM. Whatever their other faults the government have done a great job to turn our situation around with unpopular decisions.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 08:05 PM

Patel, like Boris, has been a disappointment to me after having expected great things from her.

I'm not a fan but she had her work cut out basically starting at base zero infrastructure.
Omah
Chatterbox
Ludlow
Omah is male  Omah has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

14-05-2021, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I have to say that it takes guts to listen to medical advice and implement unpopular policies against the tide of mass opposition. Boris at least learns from his mistakes rather than repeat them by bowing to what must be great pressure.

Nobody can criticise the strength of the British vaccination programme. This was in fact the brain child of Matt Hancock although Boris gets credit as he is the PM. Whatever their other faults the government have done a great job to turn our situation around with unpopular decisions.
"You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment."

Well, I could comment but it would take too long - my thesis on the ineptitude of the Johnson government now runs to well over 1000 pages .....
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-05-2021, 08:16 PM

True. The vaccination programme has been excellent.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-05-2021, 08:21 PM

True. The vaccination programme has been excellent.
It takes a government working together and a lot of guts to go out and procure vaccines that have not yet even been through their stage 2 and 3 research. A massive risk and it's so fortunate they took that chance because we are ahead of the curve despite the variants. We are incredibly lucky to be in a country where we have the option to have a vaccine so quickly. Our elderly population are so much safer.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

14-05-2021, 08:24 PM

Originally Posted by Omah ->
"You might think that; I couldn't possibly comment."

Well, I could comment but it would take too long - my thesis on the ineptitude of the Johnson government now runs to well over 1000 pages .....
For all we know you could have some well chosen rude words in v large font. The circus in charge have certainly kept us entertained during this difficult time.
JBR
Chatterbox
Cheshire, UK

14-05-2021, 08:28 PM

I'm not a fan but she had her work cut out basically starting at base zero infrastructure.
What infrastructure?

All she had to do was to instruct the Border Farce to turn them around.
There were always French ships accompanying them, supposedly to keep them safe. Well, let the Frogs look after them on their side of the border.

Thank God we didn't have Boris and Priti in the Second World War.

Page 5 of 57 « First < 3 4 5 6 7 15 55 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top