Join for free
Page 34 of 42 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »
galty
Chatterbox
rainham essex
galty is male  galty has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:35 PM

Re: Churchill NZ under lockdown!

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
This is a interesting article .

So many people were blamed for this massacre who had nothing whatsoever to do with it.

https://www.melaniephillips.com/afte...ellian-frenzy/
Good post

Think a lot of people should read it.

If you have seen the clip of the attack on Chelsea Clinton a decent person would be sick...but even more sad is her wringing her hands and saying "Im so sorry"
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 05:40 PM

Originally Posted by Julie1962 ->
Couldn't agree more to be honest I do wonder as our western fashions became more decadent and revealing did they see it as a way to rebel against that ? I don't have the answer just more and more questions.
I think it is peer pressure as was the case with the lovely lady who was house sharing in the 90s. She was being insulted and was once spat at by other Muslims. So any change in attitude would have to be led by Imams.

You can dress modestly without drawing attention to yourself to say "I am dressing modestly". I have noticed that recently many young women dress quite modestly compared to even ten years ago. The low cut tops are no more. Probably down to the Me Too culture. The trouble is that the classic Muslim outfits do not say "I am modest" but say "I am different from you and reject your society" which will make them more likely to be targets as that physical difference is also seen as linked to terrorism.
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:00 PM

Wearing islamic garb is hardly modest, it's a blatant smack In the face to the general public when worn in a non islamic country.
Muddy
Chatterbox
UK
Muddy is female  Muddy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 06:07 PM

In the Islamic countries I know it's also in some cases a class thing .
Girls from wealthy families especially those educated in the uk or the us tended to dress in western clothles with a hijab on the top as a sop to the priorities .
So you would see young women in jeans they had been poured into and a fitting top but wearing a hijab .
This was often seen at equestrian events .
Women's riding wear is usually tight and close fitting .
The hijab would be under a riding hat some really didn't show anyway .
Of course the girls who did showing jumping etc were usually from wealthy families.
King Husseins daughter represented Jordan in the the olimpics showjumping .

The exception here is once again Pakistan where equestrian events are dominated by men .
In the UK Islam is unfortunately mainly represented by the Pakistani community which practices the most repressive sort of Islam .
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:44 PM

Originally Posted by AnnieS ->
I think it is peer pressure as was the case with the lovely lady who was house sharing in the 90s. She was being insulted and was once spat at by other Muslims. So any change in attitude would have to be led by Imams.

You can dress modestly without drawing attention to yourself to say "I am dressing modestly". I have noticed that recently many young women dress quite modestly compared to even ten years ago. The low cut tops are no more. Probably down to the Me Too culture. The trouble is that the classic Muslim outfits do not say "I am modest" but say "I am different from you and reject your society" which will make them more likely to be targets as that physical difference is also seen as linked to terrorism.
I can see what you mean Annie and I don't disagree, I wonder what will happen in years to come, certainly would like to think it will all calm down and people will feel they can wear what they want whatever their religion. You must be seeing different young women though as only concession to dressing modestly round her has been because it's been colder, as soon as the sun comes out all the bellies are bared and the shoulders and it's a worry some of them might bend over and show next weeks washing
Julie1962
Chatterbox
Surrey
Julie1962 is female  Julie1962 has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:46 PM

Originally Posted by Muddy ->
In the Islamic countries I know it's also in some cases a class thing .
Girls from wealthy families especially those educated in the uk or the us tended to dress in western clothles with a hijab on the top as a sop to the priorities .
So you would see young women in jeans they had been poured into and a fitting top but wearing a hijab .
This was often seen at equestrian events .
Women's riding wear is usually tight and close fitting .
The hijab would be under a riding hat some really didn't show anyway .
Of course the girls who did showing jumping etc were usually from wealthy families.
King Husseins daughter represented Jordan in the the olimpics showjumping .

The exception here is once again Pakistan where equestrian events are dominated by men .
In the UK Islam is unfortunately mainly represented by the Pakistani community which practices the most repressive sort of Islam .
I don't deny there are a lot of Pakistani Muslims here but the ones to worry about IMO are the ones being taught by Saudi Imams they should be banned and Saudi should not be allowed to fund mosques and imams IMO
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom
AnnieS is female  AnnieS has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 10:56 PM

You know Julie I just don't understand it myself. The biggest numbers massacred by extremists are Muslims. The attacks we have had are nothing in comparison with what ISIS etc have done to the good Muslim faithful abroad. Why don't they want to reform the religion to say "they are not us"? Its surely a crisis for them to see their faith seen by the world to be in the gutter in this way. Are the different groups just so different from each other that they can never unite?
The Artful Todger
Chatterbox
Suffolk UK
The Artful Todger is male  The Artful Todger has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 11:16 PM

You know Julie I just don't understand it myself. The biggest numbers massacred by extremists are Muslims. The attacks we have had are nothing in comparison with what ISIS etc have done to the good Muslim faithful abroad. Why don't they want to reform the religion to say "they are not us"? Its surely a crisis for them to see their faith seen by the world to be in the gutter in this way. Are the different groups just so different from each other that they can never unite?
Tommy Robinson, real name Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon in conjunction with Peter McLoughlin has recently had a book published entitled "Mohammed's Koran - why Muslims kill for Islam that goes some way to explain why killing is so very popular and, like Fitna - see YouTube relates the uncivilised behaviour to the Qur'an.

The conflict between Sunni and Shia in which Muslims kill Muslims is also rather simple. It's all about jurisprudence after Old Mo did the decent thing and snuffed it.

It would be great if extraterrestrials were to land and by so doing torpedo the whole thiest horse apples once and for all.
AnnieS
Chatterbox
United Kingdom

22-03-2019, 11:22 PM

Originally Posted by The Artful Todger ->
Tommy Robinson, real name Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon in conjunction with Peter McLoughlin has recently had a book published entitled "Mohammed's Koran - why Muslims kill for Islam that goes some way to explain why killing is so very popular and, like Fitna - see YouTube relates the uncivilised behaviour to the Qur'an.

The conflict between Sunni and Shia in which Muslims kill Muslims is also rather simple. It's all about jurisprudence after Old Mo did the decent thing and snuffed it.

It would be great if extraterrestrials were to land and by so doing torpedo the whole thiest horse apples once and for all.
Tommy Robinson? So why does he not use his real name? It seems nothing is as it seems.

Everyone has an interpretation but every single Muslim is not killing everyone around so it's not the religion but something else at play - no?
Ray Cathode
Scotland, UK (but not EU)
Ray Cathode is male  Ray Cathode has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

22-03-2019, 11:58 PM

Tommy Robinson? So why does he not use his real name?

He's not popular with the establishment, but then the truth rarely is.

Page 34 of 42 « First < 24 32 33 34 35 36 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top