Join for free
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »
carol
Chatterbox
Derbyshire.
carol is female  carol has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 11:50 PM

Unwanted presents...

I had some really awful clothes bought me for Christmas. One was a long line granny cardigan with pockets in maroon – urgh!! There were also two other garments - one a shapeless lace blouse and the other a striped top that made me look like a convict!

I knew I'd never wear them... I could have given them to the charity shop but luckily they had Debenhams label hanging on them so I just took them back and exchanged them for things I did like. I told the buyers what I’d done and the reaction was ‘It’s ok we want you to have things you like’ – Huh they don’t know my taste or they wouldn’t have bought me such boring awful things in the first place!

Have you had any presents you don't like and what have you done with them?
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

02-01-2016, 11:58 PM

Re: Unwanted presents...

I've got a colouring book if anyone wants to send me their address they can have it!!
Hey! We should start a Swop Shop!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:09 AM

No I am a bit disappointed because I save the rejects for the village hall fete and I didn't have any so will have to buy somthing
....or give them last years uneaten marmalade
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:45 AM

I haven't got any unwanted presents because I received little.
That was my choice.
If I need anything I buy it so whats the point of being given something that you don't want?
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:52 AM

Originally Posted by Browbeaten ->
I haven't got any unwanted presents because I received little.That was my choice.
I only had 2 Ian

If I need anything I buy it so whats the point of being given something that you don't want?
I don't get a choice, I get what I am given except from my son who doesn't buy me things. After the disaster of the hippopotamus foot warmers he gives me a voucher
lovemyboys
Chatterbox
Canada
lovemyboys is female  lovemyboys has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 12:53 AM

No unwanted gifts here either.
A few years ago we asked the family to donate to their local food bank instead of sending gifts. (We live a long way from family)
They never knew what we wanted, so this is easier for everybody.
They do still do it, and one has told us his inlaws have now decided to do the same.
Browbeaten
manchester
Browbeaten is male  Browbeaten has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 01:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I only had 2 Ian

I don't get a choice, I get what I am given except from my son who doesn't buy me things. After the disaster of the hippopotamus foot warmers he gives me a voucher
Whoever does buy you a present Meg you should tell them what you want.
My staple presents were chocolate and Baileys. I have Diabetes!
Even vouchers limit you to where you can spend them.
I love buying presents for my grandchildren though, so I am not a complete Ebenezer!

Many years ago while I was courting my wife her grandmother gave me a pair of fluorescent green sparkly socks!
My now wife thought it was hilarious. That is until the following Christmas when I gave them to the grandmother's 50 year old son, wife's uncle, as a present from the heart.
Wife as she now is was horrified and thought I wouldn't do it, but two can have a laugh!
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-01-2016, 01:09 AM

Whoever does buy you a present Meg you should tell them what you want.
My staple presents were chocolate and Baileys. I have Diabetes!
Even vouchers limit you to where you can spend them.
I love buying presents for my grandchildren though, so I am not a complete Ebenezer!
Ian I can't ask with one person.
The voucher from my son is great and from John Lewis, I have used it to buy a new Dyson .

I love buying for my grandchildren too they all had dressing gowns with animal hoods this year .
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

03-01-2016, 01:10 AM

Many years ago while I was courting my wife her grandmother gave me a pair of fluorescent green sparkly socks!
My now wife thought it was hilarious. That is until the following Christmas when I gave them to the grandmother's 50 year old son, wife's uncle, as a present from the heart.
Wife as she now is was horrified and thought I wouldn't do it, but two can have a laugh!
naughty ....
ruthio
Chatterbox
Southern UK
ruthio is female  ruthio has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

03-01-2016, 01:18 AM

Originally Posted by Meg ->
I love buying for my grandchildren too they all had dressing gowns with animal hoods this year .
I bought a cosy little raccoon dressing gown for my grandson!!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top