Join for free
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 11:52 PM

Resizing A Photo on Phone

Hello I wanted to update my profile picture. I was really glad that I can do it straight from my cell instead of heading downstairs to the PC. When I went to tap Save Changes...this is what it said on the forum:

"The Dimension limits for this filetype are 218 x 218. We were unable to resize your file so you will need to do so manually and upload it again. Your file is currently 1474 x 1205."

I have no idea how to make a phone picture smaller. I thought cell pics were already small. Any ideas?
Realist
Chatterbox
UK
Realist is male  Realist has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

26-07-2015, 11:59 PM

Re: Resizing A Photo on Phone

The cameras on phones these days are fairly hi resolution which is why your pic is "big". You have 2 choices.

1. Reduce the resolution of your camera on your phone

2. Use your PC to downsize the image

For option 1, go into you phone settings and find the camera settings and knock the resolution down to the lowest setting. Then take a pic and try again. Remember to put the setting back afterwards.

For option 2. Put your pic onto your PC using your phone to PC transfer cable. Then open up MS Paint which you will find in Start - Programs - Accessories
Once up, select File - Open and browse to wherever your pic is and open it.
Then select "Resize" and change the numbers from 100 to say 20.
Then do File - Save As and save a copy of this reduced pic to your PC folder.
Try an upload that pic as your avatar.

If its still too big go back into Paint and downsize further.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario
AutumnColour is female  AutumnColour has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 12:06 AM

Thanks Realist, I'll try Option 1 first. Too bad though I liked the pic I already had in the phone LOL!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 12:18 AM

Or you could try an online service ...

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=on...NvGu7Ab6taqIDw
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-07-2015, 12:21 AM

Thanks! I may see if my phone has an App for that as well.
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-07-2015, 12:40 AM

I found an App. I resized the pic to 112 x 180 well within the 218 x 218 but when I hit Save Changes it said Upload Failed! Now I don't know if it's still larger than the 29.3 KB or whatever the site states. What did I do wrong for the upload to fail?
TessA
Official Poinker
UK
TessA is female  TessA has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

27-07-2015, 04:44 AM

Lovely to see you back AC!
AutumnColour
Chatterbox
Trent Hills, Ontario

27-07-2015, 09:28 PM

Thank you TessA! Love your Avatar �� I'm on Facebook more actually. I'll try & pop in here at times though�� Have a great evening!
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

28-07-2015, 09:29 AM

buy a smaller phone WW have got some lovely kiddie ones?

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top