Join for free
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 01:42 AM

Pulled muscle

I drove a rough terrain forklift for six years on the building sites. The last one i drove for two years and found the brake pedal to be very stiff and a strain on my leg . I climbed out one morning from the forks and once i touched the ground my left leg collapsed . I limped to the hospital waited for five hours before a nurse told me to go home and get some iburofen. And not to walk on it for at least three weeks . I was told i pulled a muscle and to keep it up on a pile of pillows . The pain was unbearable but i did rest it for as long as i could . If stand on it for long periods of time i have to sit and rest. And when i am in bed sleeping as soon as i get up in the morning it goes from underneath. I have to limp around for half hour before normality sets in . This has been happening now for two years have i got a trapped nerve . And if so what can i do any advice .
Alan Cooke
Chatterbox
Northamptonshire, UK
Alan Cooke is male  Alan Cooke has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 06:11 AM

Re: Pulled muscle

As a layman I would have thought that you needed physiotherapy to improve things. What does your doctor say ?
warleyron
Warley, Essex UK
warleyron is male  warleyron has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 06:34 AM

After 2 years you will have scar tissue in the muscle. Physiotherapy will be needed to break down the scar tissue.
A pulled muscle needs to be stretched to get the fibres realigned.
Telescopic
Eastbourne uk
Telescopic is male  Telescopic has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Alan Cooke ->
As a layman I would have thought that you needed physiotherapy to improve things. What does your doctor say ?
I was told i would have to wait two years . As that is how long the waiting list is .unless you go private and that can be very costly
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

13-02-2013, 05:10 PM

You could try 'Arnica gel' - smother your legs in it, especially before bed - it dries quickly and leaves no residue.

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top