Join for free
Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 08:57 PM

Re: Anonymous Me (or... How I used VPN to Hide the Real Me)

The services I see offered are not so much encrypting the message as hiding where it came from - hence the 'anonymity' tag. Just like on the movies where they try to keep the nasty on the phone whilst they try to figure out where the caller is calling from but if the call has been intercepted then rerouted the call will appear to come from somewhere else and not where it really did come from ... eh, if you get my drift .
gumbud
Chatterbox
australia
gumbud is male  gumbud has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

23-04-2015, 09:04 PM

the gongs have gone a bit woolied in wollongong - recently the Indonesians nearly broke off diplomatic relationships because they discovered the ozzies were able to and were in fact listening in to the conversations between the President of Indonesia and his wife - how charming!AND we have just finished a hair raising national discussion on the collection of meta data - perhaps bruce thinks he is not in the loop in wollongong?
spitfire
Chatterbox
Warwickshire
spitfire is male  spitfire has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 07:09 AM

Why would anyone who pumps stuff into this grid want, or expect anonymity?
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK
MKJ is male  MKJ has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 08:44 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Well, for one thing you can get in trouble for downloading certain stoof using bittorrent so I have heard.

Not that I do the above you understand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/BitTorrent
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 09:28 AM

Originally Posted by MKJ ->
Well, for one thing you can get in trouble for downloading certain stoof using bittorrent so I have heard.

I more tend to put a purchased CD or DVD on. Also listen to the radio or watch films on UK telly, although I have to admit this gives zero satisfaction with regards to beating the system.

Edit: Changed quote.
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2015, 10:19 AM

Originally Posted by mart ->
I more tend to put a purchased CD or DVD on. Also listen to the radio or watch films on UK telly, although I have to admit this gives zero satisfaction with regards to beating the system.
Yes, I more or less do as you do as well.

By the way your quote is wrong now as I altered my reply.
Bruce
Chatterbox
Wollongong, Australia
Bruce is male  Bruce has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by spitfire ->
Good attitude - just send your on line banking details and all your passwords to me, I am sure there's a few bob to be made from them after all who needs all this anonymity stuff?

Originally Posted by MKJ ->

At last some one who knows what they are talking about.
PatrickLondon
New Member!
London, UK
PatrickLondon is male 

24-04-2015, 11:44 AM

I've used it watch UK TV channels elsewhere in Europe, on my tablet. Very useful. I'm a bit of a cheapskate, though, I take out a month's subscription just to cover the time away. The security aspect of it didn't really occur to me, since I tend not to do my finances in Macdonalds!
MKJ
Chatterbox
UK

24-04-2015, 04:29 PM

Originally Posted by mart ->
Edit: Changed quote.
Thanks
mart
Chatterbox
South of England
mart is male  mart has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

24-04-2015, 07:07 PM

That's OK

Page 4 of 8 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top