Join for free
Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:44 AM

Re: Question for the ladies who have gone through menopause

I had hot flushes on and off for over 10 years as did my sister, no two people are the same

Some things which may help ..
..not wearing tight clothing around the neck,
..when you feel one coming on put your wrists under cold running water,
..wear natural fibres like cotton (my sheets are %100 cotton too) and wear a cotton nightdress,

They stopped eventually but the best thing was not having periods and pain every month and the horrible migraine which I had endured for half my life went overnight so was obviously hormone related.

I am afraid the short term memory loss remained but I put a little white board and pen up in the kitchen and use it to jot things down as they come into my head so I don't forget them .

I tried various herbal supplements including those containing naturally occurring hormones but found them to be an expensive waste of money .

A friend at work had a tiny hand held fan which she kept in her bag and she said it helped her.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:49 AM

I went onto HRT straight after a hysterectomy in My 40s and stayed on them until I retired at 60....no sweat!! ;~)
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:49 AM

Nothing has worked for me - but we are all different - know women that have a few flushes, after a year that's it, free of them
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK
Patsy is female  Patsy has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by May ->
I went onto HRT straight after a hysterectomy in My 40s and stayed on them until I retired at 60....no sweat!! ;~)
Not everyone can take it May and some that have - once they stop the flushes return, as I said we are all different and react differently
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire
Meg is female  Meg has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 08:57 AM

Originally Posted by Patsy ->
Not everyone can take it May and some that have - once they stop the flushes return, as I said we are all different and react differently
I would not have HRT, it just delays the menopause which my Doctor said still has to be gone through at some point and it is possible to have a lot of the usual symptoms when you eventually do.

I am so glad I made that decision, had I not the migraine would most probably have continued to blight my life for another 10 years .
Also I got the menopause over and done with before other medical conditions appeared, it would have been harder to cope with them all at the same time.
May
Chatterbox
SCOTLAND
May is female  May has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 09:00 AM

Aye That's true Patsy,and I did have flushings now and then when I stopped,but as I didn't have any work to go to or People to deal with,it didn't bother Me so much.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2015, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by Meg;708028[B
]I would not have HRT, it just delays the menopause [/B] which my Doctor said still has to be gone through at some point and it is possible to have a lot of the usual symptoms when you eventually do.

I am so glad I made that decision, had I not the migraine would most probably have continued to blight my life for another 10 years .
Also I got the menopause over and done with before other medical conditions appeared, it would have been harder to cope with them all at the same time.
My reasoning too
Jazzi
Chatterbox
Lowestoft
Jazzi is female  Jazzi has posted at least 25 times and has been a member for 3 months or more 

19-09-2015, 09:37 AM

I've had the blasted problem since November 2003!! It shows no sign of abating.

Was talking to the nurse yesterday about it. She did say there is a drug specifically for hot flushes but she couldn't remember the name. Just Googled the problem and the medicines prescribed do give some unpleasant side effects, so I might try the sage remedy.
Patsy
Chatterbox
UK

19-09-2015, 09:48 AM

Originally Posted by Jazzi ->
I've had the blasted problem since November 2003!! It shows no sign of abating.

Was talking to the nurse yesterday about it. She did say there is a drug specifically for hot flushes but she couldn't remember the name. Just Googled the problem and the medicines prescribed do give some unpleasant side effects, so I might try the sage remedy.
Hi Jazzi have a look at these in the link - I'm going to try them when I finish the Menosan - as they are cheaper and the reviews are good - still sage leaf

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natures-Aid-...ge+supplements
Look to the right - for free delivery
Meg
Supervisor
Worcestershire

19-09-2015, 10:37 AM

Hi Jazzi have a look at these in the link - I'm going to try them when I finish the Menosan - as they are cheaper and the reviews are good - still sage leaf

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Natures-Aid-...ge+supplements
Look to the right - for free delivery
Natures Aid Sage Leaf is equivalent to 500mg of dried Sage Leaf
Patsy why not save yourself a lot of money ,buy a sage plant and eat a leaf each day or even some dried sage.

How do I take Sage?

There are several effective methods for using sage to treat illness. The tea and dilution method can be taken three times daily.
Tea: 3 grams of chopped sage leaf can be steeped in 150 ml of boiling water for 10 minutes.
https://www.smartlivingnetwork.com/m...s-mood-swings/

Page 2 of 7 < 1 2 3 4 > Last »

© Copyright 2009, Over50sForum   Contact Us | Over 50s Forum! | Archive | Privacy Statement | Terms of Use | Top